Author Topic: Div Illinois 2020/ 17 May Muster Cancelled; 29 August still on, so far  (Read 4580 times)

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 54278
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Div Illinois 2020/ 17 May Muster Cancelled; 29 August still on, so far
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »
Dry Gulch Ranch outside Winnebago, IL.  Same place that Shamrock held them.  Check the Good Guys Posse web for fire numbers/addresses.

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 54278
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 07:54:42 PM »
Dry Gulch Ranch outside Winnebago,IL.  Same place we did them with Shamrock.  Check out the Good Guys Posse website.

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 08:51:53 AM »
10573 Telegraph Rd., Winnebago , IL:

Map to Dry Gulch Ranch cowboy range :https://www.google.com/maps/place/10573+Telegraph+Rd,+Winnebago,+IL+61088/@42.3359484,-89.2487213,965m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x880891df6561b85d:0xc7ca98c107838dd2!8m2!3d42.335492!4d-89.2461299?shorturl=1

Proceed westbound from Rockford on Hwy 20 towards Freeport. At Winnebago Rd. (Mobil, Road Ranger, McDonalds, Culvers) turn north on Winnebago Rd. Proceed about 3.8 miles to the first stop sign which is Telegraph Rd. Turn east and go about .4 miles to the second driveway on the north side (#10573). Turn into the farm driveway, past the house towards the rear buildings. Turn left just before the buildings and drive towards the fence. You will see the entrance road near the fence. There will be cowboy signs directing you in.

As always, please remember that the range is on private property and is only open during scheduled matches. Please respect the property and privacy of the landowners and tenants.

We have two different landowners involved with our range - one who owns the range property and one who owns the farm and the road we travel to the range. Please do NOT try to go out to the range except for scheduled matches and work days. The owner of the farm gets upset - and rightly so - if folks wander unannounced through his property. He doesn't know who you are or what your intentions are. So, please do not go out to the range except for announced work and match days. Please respect the privacy and private property of the folks who are kind enough to give us access through their property.
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Advertising

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »
8:00AM registration, 8:45 Safety meeting?
Weather is looking, getting things together.
Looks like if I was traveling to Chicago, would be quarantined for 14 days, how is it for the rest of the state?
Any objections or concerns about me attending? Will be wearomg PPE.
Will hold off on reservations until Thursday afternoon.

After crunching the numbers, I shouldn’t attend. Iowa is on Chicago travel ban because as a state, we average 15-20 Covid per 100,000 per day, my county’s averages over 50 a day per 100,000.
Yesterday 17 cases in Winnebago County, 78 in Johnson County IA. Winnebago +130,000 in population.
Thanks
Brian

Offline swhiplash

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 84621
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2020, 02:53:35 AM »
"After crunching the numbers, I shouldn’t attend."

Crunch the real numbers before making a decision:

If you decide to wait until next year, consider that if the Democrats win in Washington this November, it may be 4-8 years before another muster is scheduled. Who can say what next year will bring?

If they lose, and you happen to catch Covid-19 in November or December, the intensive care wards may be full - of riot victims. The hospital bed you need may already be taken by a looter peaceful protest "bystander". Certain political groups have already taken lumps suffered ideological setbacks trying to take their bs protests "cause" to normal less enlightened communities. I fully expect violent mass-tantrums if Trump wins again. If you're going to catch Covid-19, now, before "protesting" expands from downtown drugstores to pharmaceutical-stocked hospitals, may be preferable.

Lastly, if you shoot mostly SASS and NCOWS like I do, you get one shot at each target and and are scored on hits and misses. In GAF, you keep shooting until you hit each target. We may benefit from that kind of practice.

Snidely "glass half empty" Whiplash  ::)
I prefer big pistols and small sig files - Snidely Whiplash

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 08:21:21 AM »
I am against the overreach! We all must make our own informed decisions. Both VA & UIHC shut down Volunteer programs mid March. Checked around community, no one wanted to accept a +60 Volunteer. End of April found an opening at UIHC to Volunteer. That option ended July 3rd. Found yet another way. I didn’t have to, with 33 years in institution, would never been appointed to reassignment position, but, anytime I volunteered, kept other Radiology staff stayed at their jobs. Since May 3rd, have over 250 volunteer hours, with 150 hours after retirement, most likely, only volunteer in building!
Monday 78 new, Tuesday 100, Wednesday 334. I knew we would have a spike with students back, but not this fast. Governor ordered all bars closed in 6 counties.
So, I won’t be coming to muster.
Dusty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com