CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

Wild Bunch Load

(1/4) > >>

PJ Hardtack:
My wife is finding my 4.1 gr Tite Group/200 SWC WB load a little stiff in her 1911.

How much lower can I go and still get reliable function?

Abilene:
I'm not sure what velocity / power factor you are getting with that load, but I think any load that makes the WB power factor is going to function fine in a stock 1911.  Most folks seem to want a load that gives them the minimum PF plus a little more to be sure and to account for cooler weather, etc.

DeaconKC:
Hodgdon's site lists 4.8 grains as starting and 5.4 grains of Tite Group for a 200 grain cast LWSC.

Advertising:

PJ Hardtack:
After due consideration, I think I'll stay with 4 grs Tite Group. It functions the gun well and very accurate.

My wife can cope with the recoil and learn how to hang on to the gun.

I do find it odd that the PF gets so much consideration in WB whereas in the rest of CAS, it is basically ignored, bullets bouncing off of steel targets and even wooden props.

Boggus Deal:

--- Quote from: PJ Hardtack on June 17, 2019, 11:44:54 AM ---After due consideration, I think I'll stay with 4 grs Tite Group. It functions the gun well and very accurate.

My wife can cope with the recoil and learn how to hang on to the gun.

I do find it odd that the PF gets so much consideration in WB whereas in the rest of CAS, it is basically ignored, bullets bouncing off of steel targets and even wooden props.

--- End quote ---

Try 4.1 gr Winchester WST with a 230 grain round nose. The gun will be a lot less snappy than the 209 grain bullet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version