Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

SAA Old Model or Pre-War ?? What to do ...

(1/6) > >>

Sharky:
Guys,
          Just getting started in Cowboy Action Shooting and I know I don't want the " NEW " Hammer design on the Uberti guns but as of right now the Pietta Frontier is offered in Old Model and Pre-War with the old style hammer so NO crazy floating firing pin nonsense that Uberti has gone to. My question is should I be looking at the Old Model or the Pre-War  ? Pro's Vs Con's

Thanks in advance

Cholla Hill Tirador:
  I talked to Chip at Cimarron a couple of weeks ago. He said as of right now, none of the Pietta's use the retracting firing pin and the Model P and Old Models made by Uberti. He gave the the exact model numbers of their firearms made by UbertI that still have the original type firing pins, but I've misplaced that info!

CHT

Abilene:
Howdy Sharky,
I answered on the SASS Wire, but for CHT will mention that all the Cimarron Old Model (BP frame) Model P's will retain the original firing pin and hammer for 2 years (so they are currently saying).  Also they are importing some of the Evil Roy competition models now with the Old Model frame so they also have the standard hammer.

Advertising:

hatman:
FYI - I just got off the phone with Longhunters.  I was wanting to buy an Old Model and was told that Cimarron just informed them at all new Old Model/BP frame guns now have the new firing pins.  :(

Cliff Fendley:

--- Quote from: hatman on March 06, 2018, 11:42:28 AM ---FYI - I just got off the phone with Longhunters.  I was wanting to buy an Old Model and was told that Cimarron just informed them at all new Old Model/BP frame guns now have the new firing pins.  :(

--- End quote ---

Sad news if that's true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version