CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

American Tactical Import

<< < (4/4)

Capt Quirk:
I don't know about your guns, but mine was already rubbing off after a week. The scratches on the slide were on me and my wedding ring, but the "quality bluing" was just thinking.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Capt Quirk on May 18, 2021, 09:08:34 PM ---I don't know about your guns, but mine was already rubbing off after a week. The scratches on the slide were on me and my wedding ring, but the "quality bluing" was just thinking.

--- End quote ---

Well, now that you mention it, mine is wearing on the left side.  Also, after just one year my frame has turned very plum colored.  Looks a little unusual, but I like it.

Pitspitr:
I've had my Cimarron almost exactly 10 years. It does have some scratches and a place or two where I'm starting to notice the blue thinning, but it hasn't exactly been a "Safe Queen."

Advertising:

DeaconKC:

--- Quote from: Baltimore Ed on May 18, 2021, 04:46:39 PM ---I like my nickel Cimarron 1911 very much except for the narrow hammer and non GI controls it came with, replaced them with GI stuff and now it’s looking right. But I also picked up a Thompson Auto Ordnance 1911 to go with my 1927 Thompson sbr build, nice big sights. Don’t think I’ve ever seen the ATI.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! I did not realize the Auto-Ordnance sights were just a little bigger than the original Colts'. Gives me another option to look for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version