Author Topic: Colt lightning medium frame 32-20.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline ldpfeifer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Colt lightning medium frame 32-20.
« on: September 13, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
I acquired a Colt lightning, medium frame in 32-20.  I am trying to get some information on the stock.  It had the wrong crescent butt plate on it for starters.  I found a correct butt plate but the distance between the tangs is almost 2 inches which came into light when I needed a new tang screw.  I am not sure but guessing the lower trigger guard was bent down to accommodate a stock someone had?  If so, it has been on there for many years as it matches the color and patina of the checkered forward slide grip.  Does anyone happen to know the measurements between the top of the top tang to the bottom of the lower tang?  Also, any ideas of where I can buy a MEDIUM frame stock?  Small and large appear to be common, but medium seems to be a unicorn.
Thanks for any help.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Colt lightning medium frame 32-20.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
I happen to have a 32-20 Lightning, and the distance between the upper and lower tang measures approximately 1-1/2".

Macon Gunstocks (www.macongunstocks) has medium frame Lightning forend and buttstocks listed.  $60 for the forend and $100 for the buttstock

SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com