Author Topic: any updates on the availability of primers  (Read 5913 times)

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
Re: any updates on the availability of primers
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »
Just bought 26 boxes of 12 ga sg shells at an average of $7.50 per box, out the door tax and all. 14 boxes of AA's (12 980's and 4 1145's), 4 boxes of Winchester super target 1145's and 8 boxes of estate 1250's. Wife will run the AAs and my 87 will run the STs and estates. First sg shells we have been able to find for months. I don't feel like I bought an excessive amount as we used 4 boxes for a shoot this weekend.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Robert Swartz

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 892
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 08:33:46 AM »

Never ceases to amaze.  Change of political stance, change of Senator, change of Congressperson, Change of yer shorts . . . . Suddenly!!!  THE SKY IS FALLING!!  THE SKY IS FALLING!!  Followed by THERE COMING TO TAKE YER GUNS!!  COMING TO TAKE MY GUNS!!  THE GOVERNMENT (ENTER FED, STATE, COUNTY, BOROUGH) IS DISARMING US!!  BUYING UP ALL THE AMMO.  DOLLY PARTON'S CHESTS ARE FAQUE  and the peppers buy up alla toilette paper.  Lasts about 3 to 7 months, then things equal out.  Panic and Angst will not provide a solution.  Patience Grasshopper.  Patience.

Stay Safe out There

PS:  What happened to all the Bubble Gum??  I can't find any Double Bubble anywhere.  It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!  The Gum'bt is buying it all up!!!
[/quote
....what he said! Already had this talk with a couple buddies. I've nothing against individuals that take advantage of a situation to give oneself a supply. I scavenged the local trap range last year to get an overly large supply of usable shotgun hulls. This hoarding and speculating now. It's just greed by those that can be greedy.  In retrospect, I found large rifle primers at a local shop last fall, should've bought more than one brick. Had I been more insightful, I would've. I simply purchased what I needed at the time.

I may be wrong but I'm in the take a couple breaths and give it a few months. Sanity will eventually return. Just wonder how many people, out of fear, rushed out and snapped things up. Then a year later, they're looking at things taking up space, gathering dust and thinking. What do I need this for. Not everyone out there are eternally paranoid, a prepper, hunter, sport shooter or collector.  Anyone want to take odds that, down the road we see a bunch of the reloader stuff wind up in flea markets, yardsales and online marketplaces?
"Copperhead Bob"
GAF# 892
Sgt Maj (ret) 2nd KY Vols 1812 era
Lt (ret) Rogers Rangers F&I
Booshway 2021Thundercreek Rendevous

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2021, 03:13:18 PM »
"THERE (sic) COMING TO TAKE YER GUNS!!  COMING TO TAKE MY GUNS!!  THE GOVERNMENT (ENTER FED, STATE, COUNTY, BOROUGH) IS DISARMING US!!"

We've heard that for decades, and to date, no one has come to take our guns.

I'm at the point believing the NRA uses that tired line as scare bait to get us to cough up donation money to line their pockets thereby keeping the uppity-ups in the organization in the high-off-the-hog lifestyle they've grown accustomed to.

Well John, they want to, but haven't had the guts yet.  Wayne and them could take a hike though.  I give to the club now, not Wayne.  I had a liberal (he said so) Professor's kid in a shooting class.  I did my part by handing him a .22 pistol and a brick to play with while I coached his kid (and others).  I think that works better than lobbying.
Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:02:15 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »
My 2 cents,  VS the NRA ....1st. I'll say I am a member, at the yearly membership rate. I figure the American Rifleman Magazine has enough articles to interest me some of the time. If they are about Veterans , their service or about vintage guns or  Milsurps or CCW and the like.
I don't read the political sky is falling or Wayne's pitch.
 I will accept the offered knife, or shooting bag, not bad even though they may be made in Asia.
 I don't wear the gimme ball caps . Nor do I put the decal on my SUV to alert thieves.
I hang up on the NRA telemarketer call and block the number....

that said ...Thing is I was required to have yearly NRA membership as a condition of my Range membership.
I'm not DOWN on the NRA, more indifferent,  just not an ardent fan.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »
That about sums it.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Online Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2021, 09:50:45 PM »
John, unfortunately, that is EXACTLY what the present administration wants to do.  They've made it very plain for a long time.  Remember, Mr. Obama tried to sign us on to the U.N. Small Arms treaty, which bans private firearms ownership.  Does the NRA have problems?  Yes.  On the other hand, they're the only group with the political clout to keep at least some of the jackals at bay.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »
We are discussing PRIMER AVAILABILTY.

keep politics out of the thread or the thread will be gone.
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2021, 01:36:55 AM »
I just got home from 26th Comancheria Days match near Fredericksburg, TX.  There were several bricks of Federal primers in the raffle, and several given out as shooter prize drawings.  The lesson is that you could go to more big matches and hope you get lucky.
 :)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2021, 05:25:17 AM »
I just paid $140.00 + shipping for a brick of 1,000 #1075 caps from Buffalo Arms. #11's are not to be found.

It seems the cache of Remington #10 "40% Hotter" caps will not fit in my new Ted Cash side loading inline cappers. Nor the old bottom loading one either.
(And I refuse to file down each and every cap just enough to fit . . .)

JAC
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline wildman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2021, 07:08:59 AM »
I just finished the shoot at Comancharia days and picked up 4 lbs of 700X for $75, 800 sg primers for $45, and 800 #10 CCI caps for $60. I aghve the Cowboy selling the caps an extra $10 as he sold them to me for what he paid.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline mike1340

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »
Well boys and girls , plenty of primers on Gun Broker if you don't mind paying the elevated price . You can get what ever you want or need .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com