Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

Hunting for Broomhandles

<< < (2/4) > >>

Abilene:

--- Quote from: DeaconKC on September 24, 2020, 12:01:23 PM ---You are quite right! Completely slipped past my 4 brain cells!

--- End quote ---

You got 4??  Dang, I got cheated.

PJ Hardtack:
Spain produced a couple of M96 Broomhandle clones - Beistegui and Astra. They made 33,000 and 35,000 guns respectively.

They were successful designs and much simpler than the Mauser, with a removeable sideplate to facilitate cleaning.

Drydock:
Just picked up one of these, kind of a deal I could not walk away from.  A banner Mauser,  most of it in the 620,000 range, though not one number on it match's.  (thus I could afford it) But it shoots! Shiny bore with sharp edged rifling.  7.63 caliber.  Though a mixmaster, a very old one, as the patina is consistent.  Short barrel and grip.  Came with a repro stock/holster and tool, with repro leather. 

Advertising:

Professor Marvel:

--- Quote from: Drydock on October 18, 2020, 04:46:23 PM ---Just picked up one of these, kind of a deal I could not walk away from.  A banner Mauser,  most of it in the 620,000 range, though not one number on it match's.  (thus I could afford it) But it shoots! Shiny bore with sharp edged rifling.  7.63 caliber.  Though a mixmaster, a very old one, as the patina is consistent.  Short barrel and grip.  Came with a repro stock/holster and tool, with repro leather.

--- End quote ---

My Dear Drydock -
have you located any (affordable) ammunition for it?
My Dad "gave back"  the one we got hm for his birthday about 35 years ago... I don't think it's been fired in that time...

yhs
prof marvel

Drydock:
I load my own, Lee dies and PPU cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version