Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

Broke down and bought a AO 1927a1

(1/9) > >>

Baltimore Ed:
I found myself a 1990’s West Hurley AO 1927A1. I didn’t think that I wanted one but I found this at 1000.00 I figured it was a good deal. And it’s broken in already. I’ve read too many horror stories of the new Kahr tommyguns on the Machinegun forum. Replaced the factory recoil springs with the lighter ones from McMaster and a buffer I cut from their material. A BIG difference in cycling. It runs my standard .45 acp loads just fine, with the heavier springs it was a little balky with my rnfp bullets but now no problem. I sent my sbr application off to the atf 4 mos ago so I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer. It might loose a little bit of weight when the bbl shrinks to 10.5 in. Thinking of doing the stock sling swivels British style as I’ve got a nice buttstock with a serrated buttplate and double swivels. Just need to inlet a swivel in the vertical fore grip.

DeaconKC:
OOOH! Dat is nice!  :o :o

Baltimore Ed:
My sbr paperwork showed up finally, only took a year and a day. I shipped my gun and 10.5 in finned bbl to a smith yesterday for the swap. He’s also going to put a 1928 style removable buttstock plate on it. I looked around and found a 1928 Savage buttstock, a complete stock slide and buttplate too. The slide assembly is coming from the Netherlands, our WW2 surplus will be returning home. This is kinda what it should look like. Now I get to wait some more.

Advertising:

Abilene:
Excellent!
I hope you reload on a progressive.  :)

Major 2:
My LGS had a  Kahr  version come through the door on consignment , I was sorely tempted.
The asking was $1100 which I believe was fair ...
two things had me hesitate
A. the "  too many horror stories "  you mention ( I had read looking it up )
 & B.  the $1100 though seeming fair and going price , was just beyond my mad money comfort level that day ...
" he  who hesitated ,  lost " ...and it sold.  :P

I like what you have done to yours looks great .... your SBR permit took a year ?  WOW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version