Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

PPS-43C at reduced price! Is gun. Gun shoots. Is fun. Da?

<< < (8/8)

Major 2:
Mags and pouch

Story:
For whatever it's worth, I vaguely remember tripping over some post-Korean War news blurbs from the 1950s, courtesy newspapers.com, of the rare criminal using a "Chinese burp gun".  Take note, those of you portraying Dick Tracy style villains.

From a Poker Forum, an undated tale -

--- Quote ---I recall one poker game I was sitting in, and two guys busted in the door and leveled a Russian or Chinese Burp Gun(a machine gun) on us! I quickly gave up my 2 to 3 hundred, and claimed that is all I had. I had more money in my sock. They were in a rush, because I have been in places where the robbers make everybody UNDRESS.

On the Burp Gun robbery, when the police came, they were more interested in the Burp Gun than anything. I told them if the catch the creeps I wanted my money back. Never happened.
--- End quote ---

DarkLord:
When you weigh cost and ease of manufacture with the effectiveness of he weapon, the PPS-43 is perhaps the best SMG of WW2.  You can make about 10 for the cost of just one Thompson, they weigh about half as much, the ammo is lighter yet still very effective as an SMG round, and they're very reliable SMG's.  Really great WW2 SMG there, and a Cold War classic. 

Advertising:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version