Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

Walther PPK is 80!

<< < (3/6) > >>

PJ Hardtack:
St. George

Well, we know who won the war .....

"Never shoot anyone with a gun whose calibre does not begin with the number '4' ...."  Cooper called the 1911 .45 ACP the "Yankee Hammer" for good reason - it works!
I'd have thought better of '007' had he carried a .45 Commander. Not much bigger than a Walther and much more effective. But it lacks the European cachet of a PPK.

Pitspitr:

--- Quote from: PJ Hardtack on October 20, 2011, 10:53:05 AM ---"Never shoot anyone with a gun whose calibre does not begin with the number '4' ...." 
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't know... There are some pretty effective calibers that start with a .5  ;) ;D

PJ Hardtack:
Yep, don't own one and don't want one. The guys I know that do have them rarely shoot them and when they do, suffer from a well developed 'recoil anticipation syndrome' (aka flinching).

I guess I could have said - "... a gun whose calibre starts with at LEAST the number 4 ..."

I do enough shooting with .44 Spl., 44-40, .455 Webley, .45 colt and .45 ACP that I feel comfortable with these calibres. That outweighs the muscle of the larger bores.

Advertising:

Forty Rod:

--- Quote from: Old Top on October 18, 2011, 08:15:56 PM ---All steel 32 ppk, to replace the Beretta 25 he was carring.  Changed later to different guns the one I remember was an ASP.

--- End quote ---

He got the Walther in Dr. No. "It's a 7.65 millimeter and hits like a brick through a plate glass window". It was also threaded for  a silencer, but later in the same movie he used a Browning 1910 with a silencer to shoot the traitor who tried to kill him.

PJ Hardtack:
7.62mm translates to .308". Perhaps you meant 7.65mm?

IMHO - someone would be better armed with the brick than a .32 auto. Some might be willing to stand behind a plate glass window and let you fire a shot at them with a 7.65mm/.32 auto - IF they could have the next shot with a gun whose calibre starts with at least the number 4 .... ;>)

Maybe even a .38 Spl. +P or .357.

It's a pity that some authors and proof readers don't do a little more research into their fantasy writings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version