CAS TOPICS > Shooter's Meeting

What rig for the big irons?

(1/1)

Capt. Jack McQuesten:
I picked up a San Pedro Saddlery 2 loop crossdraw holster and I plan to add a strong side 2 loop holster to match it. Is there an importance to the number of shell loops on the belt? I am thinking of getting a COWS or Desantis gunbelt with 18 to 20 loops. It looks like any more than that and I wouldn't have room for my bowie knife and shotgun slide. What kind of rig do ya all use?

Cuts Crooked:
I use a double strong side set up on a Bianchi belt with 24 loops. The left hand holster covers a few loops, but no big deal! :)

Paper Chaser:
Well, if I were in an out and out shootout I'd want as many FULL bullet loops as possible.  Otherwise, whatever makes you LOOK good.  I'm a little like Cuts, my LH strong side covers one loop and the RH covers one or two.

Advertising:

California Lawdawg:
Well, right now a some what ok rig with crossdraw. ;) But, when I get to Tombstone in October, going to check with Big Ed. and see if he can set mey up with one of his special rigs . Biggest problem is that from the hip down, gun belt want's to fall down so I'm going to get an expert to help :), Big Ed that is. ;D

Lawdawg

Capt. Jack McQuesten:
OK gang,

I am finally done setting up my rig. I just got my WARTHOG sheath for my bowie knife from Kid Couteau's "Walking Wolf" leather shop and it is a beauty! Check out more of his fine work at:

www.kidcouteau.com

Here is a pic of my finished rig:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version