Author Topic: USFA and Remington  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
USFA and Remington
« on: April 15, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »
More good news from USFA.  And if I might add......about time!!  Should be interesting to see when they actually go into production.  I am betting not for 2 years,  but we shall see.  Safe shoting. Deadeye.

For Immediate Release:

History Making Agreement — Remington, America’s Oldest Gunmaker founded in 1816, enters into agreement for gun production with USFA --- under Historic “E. Remington & Son’s” Licensing
Hartford, Connecticut. - April 13, 2007. U.S. Fire Arms Mfg. Co. (USFA) in Hartford, CT, and Remington (R.A. Brands) in Madison, N.C., today proudly announce that after extensive research, market study and engineering, Remington, for the first time in its long 191 year history, has Licensed USFA for a line of the famous E. Remington & Son’s historic product line - 100% made in USA.

Originally produced by E. Remington & Son’s in Ilion New York since 1816, this licensing agreement recognizes USFA as the leader in historic gun production. The first planned models will be the popular 1858 and 1875 models.

The New 1858 Model percussion revolver will be available as historically correct in 2 barrel lengths (5-½”and 7-½”), 2 calibers (.36 Cal, .44 Cal), and 3 finishes (Armory Blue, Armory Blue with bone case color frame, and bright nickel). The entire menu of custom options available with our standard line will be available for the Remington’s such as; engraving, gold and silver plate, ivory, stag and other grips, etc.

The New 1875 Model revolver will be available as historically correct in 2 barrel lengths (5-½” and 7-½”), 3 calibers (.38-40 WCF, .44-40 WCF, .45 Colt), and 3 finishes (Armory Blue, Armory Blue with bone case color frame, and bright nickel). The entire menu of custom options available with our standard line will be available for the Remington’s such as; engraving, gold and silver plate, ivory, stag and other grips, etc.

USFA President Douglas Donnelly said “USFA recognizes this historic opportunity to serve Remington and its history and to supply high quality Remington product to the fastest growing market segment in the gun industry… to deliver the finest product for Remington under their original company name… E. Remington & Sons. This is quite an honor. We look forward to many productive years and many historic model introductions.”

About U.S. Fire Arms
USFA is the only firearms manufacturer in Hartford, Connecticut and is best known for its historically accurate, best of breed production of Single Action revolvers, US Pre-War, Plinker.22, Omni & Bisley Model revolvers, Lightning rifles, Maxim Silencers, and M1910 and M1911 and Super 38 Automatic pistols.  For more information, contact USFA at 860.296.7441 or sales@usfirearms.com   To see the company’s complete line of guns, parts, pistol magazines and more, visit: www.usfirearms.com

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA and Remington
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
2 questions.

1.  Is Remington or USFA going to be selling these models?

2.  Is Remington's new owner going to change anything?

Offline Lash Batson

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:55:39 PM »
Now if only USFA would make a Winchester 73, life would be complete.

— Lash Batson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:43:40 AM »

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:09:42 PM »
OK, just when I thought I had all the pistols I needed. Oh, well. Life is that way. I'm in for a pair.  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »
I, for one, hope that these new guns bear the Remington name.  If they do I will certainly be in the market for both the 1858 and the 1875.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 06:48:27 AM »
Sounds like USFA has been granted rights by Remington to produce these "clones" and they will likely have USFA name on them.  If Gary Granger cares to give us more information here, that would be fantastic.  Banjoman???
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com