Author Topic: MEEK'S CUTOFF  (Read 4469 times)

Offline buffalo bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MEEK'S CUTOFF
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
Howdy, Boys. I just saw that the movie Meek's Cutoff is being released on DVD September 13, 2011. I have no idea where you can find it but as soon as I find out you will all know. I hope that this movie is as good as it looks in the trailer.

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL
Col. W. F. Cody 1846-1917

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: MEEK'S CUTOFF
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »
Howdy, Boys. I just saw that the movie Meek's Cutoff is being released on DVD September 13, 2011. I have no idea where you can find it but as soon as I find out you will all know. I hope that this movie is as good as it looks in the trailer.

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

Just checked out the trailer and was impressed.  I am sure there will be a number of things different people will comment on from t he negative, it is after all a movie.  I sure plan to get this to watch.  One Fact That I will guarantee ... it will beat the day lights out of the normal television offering such as Jersey shore.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline buffalo bill

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
Amen, Brother! I am so damned fed up with those stupid reality shows I could spit. BTW, I posed a question to you on the Ft Union thread about hats. What size and style are you looking for? I might be able to pull a string or two since I manage a western store. Just a thought. . .

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:14:26 PM »

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
Amen, Brother! I am so damned fed up with those stupid reality shows I could spit. BTW, I posed a question to you on the Ft Union thread about hats. What size and style are you looking for? I might be able to pull a string or two since I manage a western store. Just a thought. . .

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

Bill, do not know how I missed the question, but miss it I did.  I wear a 71/4.  As far as the style, I was looking for something in a style similar to the picture of your hat.  Round crown etc.  I feel that would have been a common style worn in the 1850's, but heaven knows I am often wrong.  I have one now but the crown is 6" and the brim is 4".  I have the feeling on yours, the crown is 4" and the brim perhaps 5"?

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Noticed that Amazon is taking advance orders for Meek's Cutoff for $19.99 and Walmart preorder for $17.96 with the date as stated September 13th.

Offline buffalo bill

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
Bought "MEEK'S CUTOFF" last night at Walmart for $13.00. Watched it when we got home and again this morning. Clothing, guns etc. looked really good. At first, I thought that they were carrying far too little in their wagons. They were across the Plains and into the High Desert so maybe they had already discarded many of their possessions along the way. The only thing that bothered me was the ending. It was a little strange. Won't say anymore about it so as not to ruin it. The landscapes and cinematography alone was worth the 13 bucks. Overall, not a bad portrayal of our time.

SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
Bought "MEEK'S CUTOFF" last night at Walmart for $13.00. Watched it when we got home and again this morning. Clothing, guns etc. looked really good. At first, I thought that they were carrying far too little in their wagons. They were across the Plains and into the High Desert so maybe they had already discarded many of their possessions along the way. The only thing that bothered me was the ending. It was a little strange. Won't say anymore about it so as not to ruin it. The landscapes and cinematography alone was worth the 13 bucks. Overall, not a bad portrayal of our time.

SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

Buffalo Bill, thanks for the review.  I am heading to Wally World today with the hopes of getting a copy.

Add On:
Got to our Walmart and they did not get any copies.  Stopped at Blockbuster and rented a copy.  It might take me a while to process what I thought about Meeks Cutoff.  I will just say that I recommend "Renting" this movie.

Offline buffalo bill

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
TwoWalks,
              I too would suggest renting over buying at first. I think that I would buy it again. I didn't care for the ending but. . .
I still think that the scenery and costume/props are still pretty good. Besides, I got mine for $13.00. New release rental is in the neighborhood of $5.00. (at least here)  All else fails, we can shoot at the "pretty, shiny disk". lol

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
TwoWalks,
              I too would suggest renting over buying at first. I think that I would buy it again. I didn't care for the ending but. . .
I still think that the scenery and costume/props are still pretty good. Besides, I got mine for $13.00. New release rental is in the neighborhood of $5.00. (at least here)  All else fails, we can shoot at the "pretty, shiny disk". lol

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

I concur about the ending.  Got a nice pile of those shiny disks we can use for targets.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com