Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Barracks

Best Spanish American War Uniform Reference

<< < (8/10) > >>

Robert Swartz:

--- Quote from: smoke on January 17, 2021, 10:38:41 AM ---What Price Glory has them on Ebay but not on their website. ??? ???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-M1885-Brown-Canvas-Trousers-size-38/233216490656

WPG stuff seems to be uniformly good but I don't know how the price compares.  I do know a pair of Coon Creek I had years ago was well made but size were not consistent with other Cowboy type clothing.  They ran large.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I neglected to check WPG. They are split, offering some items on their website and others on Fleabay. As far as sizing, if they are fitted like period trousers and come to your natural waist. They will be big. Period size for me runs 4-6"s larger than modern pants or bluejean size.

smoke:
I usually wear a 38 in a cowboy/old fashion pant.  The ones from Coon Creek were marked 40 and were loose.  They could have been mis-marked or a mistake.  I think they are made to order?

pony express:
I don't know about WPG's cotton pants, I have the wool ones, and they are 6" bigger size than my blue jeans size. What I use for my cotton SAW trouser are actually just COWS Cowboy pants, with the label removed. They have a brown/tan  that is close to the color for the 1884 uniform, that's what I have. Also 6" bigger than blue jeans size.

Advertising:

Pitspitr:
Coon Creek and WPC are the 2 sources of of the shelf clothing I'm the most comfortable with for the Span-AM period.

smoke:

--- Quote from: Pitspitr on January 20, 2021, 01:50:24 PM ---Coon Creek and WPC are the 2 sources of of the shelf clothing I'm the most comfortable with for the Span-AM period.

--- End quote ---

Are Coon Creek made to order?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version