Author Topic: Automatic knives  (Read 14572 times)

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Automatic knives
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
our pard Big T makes a handsome lever action switchblade, but I'll bet it ain't cheap.

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind words an yep they aint cheap or cheap made I try very hard to re-produce some of the old knives pre-turn of the century antique patterns an sometimes it takes me a week to build 1 knife but usualy when i am done its a big achievment for me , I dont build many modern knife styles they just dont do anything for me like the old stuff does t ;)
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

Offline rafterp

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
Big T I loved the auto you posted on the other thread! There's a link above on this thread about "the flip". Could you make a trapper design with spring-assist? One that you start to open with a thumbstud, but the spring opens it the rest of the way. Ken Onion makes one called "the Leek". I'm like you...I don't like the modern look, but the one-handed spring assist has some appeal.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:37:37 AM »

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
Gotta be a lever lock.  Guess I won't carry it for matches.  ::)

I collect auto knives and know what you're probably talking about. Most likey a Boker knife. German made. Check out these sites and see if you can find something close to what you are looking for. Not sure the price will be in your range because the prices have gone up on these like most things. But I hope this helps.

http://www.bladebid.com/asp/index.asp
http://www.theknifeauction.com/
http://www.switchblade.net/index.htm
http://www.frankbeltrame.com/products.html
http://nicnac.net/en-us/dept_175.html
This site is a bit more expensive and their items are a bit more one of a kind but worth checking out.

http://www.slojoe.com/
Good luck and have fun looking.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »
Actually, Rick, The Mikovs are more like what I remember my knife looking like.  The lever folded forward to lock and was pulled back to open (the opposite of the Mikovs), but the shape is very similar.

What do you know about the brand?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:40 PM »
From the ones I've handled they are very well made and worth every penny they cost. I find the lever a little tricky to use but you would get used to it after a little practice. Just like anything. I hope I helped you find a knife you've been looking for.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »
The one i posted you actually just push nice and easy down on the bolster,the bolster is the mechanism,or you can just use the thumb assist.I showed it to my LEO cousin and he couldn't figure it out until i showed him ;D it has a nice strong spring too.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »
I havent tried to make any of the spring asist knives like the others just because they are patened by kershaw an their design is theo nly one i have found that works proficiantly , I make the dual-action type knives all time but they are still considered switchblades ,I dont wish to violate any laws patened or otherwise

I make knives for law enforcment an emt's as well as collectors Any government employ can carry a switchblade according to law if the blade is les than 3 in long , the law also states the exemptions for makeing them an selling them thru interstate commerce requires the buyer be a Valid Buyer (mentioned Above ) Curio collector ,emt,LEO, Any government employ , Any agreement between buyer an seller is contract binding the sale therefore legal , By Buying one of these knives you certify your a Legal Buyer therefore taking the risk if your not ,

I am currently working on an even smaller trapper prototype now i think will be a great seller it will be jus a tad bigger than the Mini cheetah made by case
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
T, I have both a Kershaw and a Buck open assist models.  The Buck works as good as the Kershaw, in fact it is my every day knife.

When you say any government employee does that include state an municiple also?  What about retired?  They are legal here anyway but curious.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »
I recently lost a nice gerber.  I've just acquired a KERSHAW VOLT II.  Now I can throw out the POS Schrade XTerra!

Naw! I won't throw it out but I will use it for rough stuff, carelessly; - and keep the Kershaw for serious stuff.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com