Author Topic: Overland and 1894 Disassembly  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Bobby Twoboar

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Overland and 1894 Disassembly
« on: November 28, 2004, 05:41:02 PM »
During the off season, I want to disassemble my 12 gauge Rossi Overland sxs mule-ear and my 1894 Marlin beyond the level I usually do for normal cleaning.

Can anyone steer me to a site where I might be able to download and/or print out illustrated guideleines (nice, clear drawings or pictures :))  for the complete takedown of these two firearms?
Bobby Twoboar
SASS# 59200

NRA Life
ISRA Life
USMC: 1959-63
Amer. Legion Post 2910

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Overland and 1894 Disassembly
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 07:10:34 PM »
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 10:16:53 PM »
The Rossi Overland diagram & instructions are in the Nov/Dec 1997 American Rifleman. The moral of the story is that you should never throw out old gun magazines  ;D
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:53:15 AM »

Offline Bobby Twoboar

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »
Matthew,

Thanks.  Although there were a few web page loading problems, the Gun Parts (Numrich) site appears to have a schematic (exploded) diagram for sale.  I have that from the Marlin factory.  I was hoping to find the illustrated step-by-step take-down instructions such as you get in the Gun Digest and NRA Disassembly Manuals.  I have at least 8 or 10 of these total, and believe it or not, of the hundereds of firearms covered, none of them contain the info for either of these two.  ???
Bobby Twoboar
SASS# 59200

NRA Life
ISRA Life
Amer. Legion Post 2910

Offline Bobby Twoboar

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:00:05 PM »
L.G.,

Thanks, I've been getting the Rifleman since the 50's and if I saved them all, I'd really be swamped with them wouldn't I?  However, you may have solved my problem, 'cause I do have a way to get to this issue in hard-copy.  If it contains more than a parts diagram (which is in one of the Encyclopedia of Exploded Gun Diagrams) I may have my answer on this one.
Bobby Twoboar
SASS# 59200

NRA Life
ISRA Life
Amer. Legion Post 2910

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
Matthew,

Thanks.  Although there were a few web page loading problems, the Gun Parts (Numrich) site appears to have a schematic (exploded) diagram for sale.  I have that from the Marlin factory.  I was hoping to find the illustrated step-by-step take-down instructions such as you get in the Gun Digest and NRA Disassembly Manuals.  I have at least 8 or 10 of these total, and believe it or not, of the hundereds of firearms covered, none of them contain the info for either of these two.  ???
bobby twoboar...... do you have A web site for that N R A site for the manuals. if you do, can you put it up there.
I would get one my 97 shotgun. thanks
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
for the 1894 and the 1897 try  www.maruaders.homestead.com/irons.html
Mathew 5.9

Offline Bobby Twoboar

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 09:48:22 PM »
Blue Drifter,

I’m not aware of any current website that gives the type of detailed steps and graphic assistance that can be found in the hard copy treatments.  On the 1897, I’m aware of the following:

1.  FIREARMS ASSEMBLEY: The NRA Guide to Rifles and Shotguns, Revised and Expanded, 1993.  Winchester 1897 Shotgun, Pages 312 & 313.

2.  THE GUN DIGEST BOOK OF FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY: Part V: Shotguns, Revised Edition, by J. B. Wood, DBI Books, 1992.  Winchester Model 97, Page 411 through Page 424.

The second presentation (Gun Digest) is actually better in terms of visuals and detail, than the first (NRA) treatment which is OK but it’s similar to what one would see in the American Rifleman in a one or two-page summary.

Bobby
Bobby Twoboar
SASS# 59200

NRA Life
ISRA Life
Amer. Legion Post 2910

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:02 AM »
Blue Drifter,

I’m not aware of any current website that gives the type of detailed steps and graphic assistance that can be found in the hard copy treatments.  On the 1897, I’m aware of the following:

1.  FIREARMS ASSEMBLEY: The NRA Guide to Rifles and Shotguns, Revised and Expanded, 1993.  Winchester 1897 Shotgun, Pages 312 & 313.

2.  THE GUN DIGEST BOOK OF FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY: Part V: Shotguns, Revised Edition, by J. B. Wood, DBI Books, 1992.  Winchester Model 97, Page 411 through Page 424.

The second presentation (Gun Digest) is actually better in terms of visuals and detail, than the first (NRA) treatment which is OK but it’s similar to what one would see in the American Rifleman in a one or two-page summary.

Bobby
thanks LR & BT i'll check-em out

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:54 AM »
Blue Drifter,

Bobby
thanks LR & BT i'll check-em out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com