Author Topic: Miroku receiver finnish  (Read 575 times)

Offline Big Looey

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Miroku receiver finnish
« on: May 26, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »
I'm the proud owner of a WM 1866 in 44wcf with 24 inch octagonal barrel and exceptional timber stock. I believe there were only a couple of these rifles imported to Australia, I've got several other Winchester lever actions but this is the only one with a brass receiver so I'm wondering about the finish on it, does it have a coating on it? It seems to resist finger marks or blemishes that you would expect from normal brass. I only use lanolin on my rifles which here in the tropics has worked for me for forty years so I'm wondering do others use anything in particular or just gun oil?

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4841
Re: Miroku receiver finnish
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 07:08:50 PM »
Hiya! Welcome to the place. My Uberti 66 had patina when I got it, so I just have let it go that way.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Big Looey

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 08:27:52 PM »
I'm not keen on the shiny look on some of the new rifles, it looks a bit phoney.   So by the looks of it I'll wind up with patina eventually with no effort on my part.   I think that aged look on these rifles is beautiful.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:19:09 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 08:54:54 AM »

:) Well Schucks  ;)

I'm no help for OP.  I wanted one of the Miroku '66s, but my Mad Money just couldn't go the Tariff.

However, I do own and shoot Five Uberti Brass Rifles and they did not arrive with any sort of "coating."  Couple of folks have mentioned recently, their newly made Uberti Brass rifles arrived with a thin, peal-able, plasticie film on the side surfaces.

Caution!!  People are Still Hazardous to Yer Health

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com