Author Topic: New Uberti 1876's  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1217
New Uberti 1876's
« on: January 29, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »
Cimarron showed two new 1876 variations at Shot Show that I thought would be of interest to this forum.  One is the Tom Horn model, an addition to their "Hollywood Guns" line.  It is simply a '76 rifle in 45-60 with a blued receiver, "Tom Horn" engraved on the left side, and a tang sight with a large metal base, as per the gun in the movie.  This gun can be viewed on Cimarron's website.  I have a closer view of the tang sight I will try to post at a later date.

The second is a little more unique.  It is a button magazine saddle-ring 50-95 carbine with a 20" octagonal barrel and a carbine buttstock.  There is a story behind it, and pardon me if I get some facts wrong, but it goes something like this:
A Texas Ranger special ordered the carbine in this configuration from Winchester.  While away from home one day, some Mexicans looted his house in the country and got this rifle, among other stuff including an SAA.  The rangers knew who did it or had an idea, and rode across the border and hung 5 Mexicans.  Whoever had possession of the rifle hid it away.  About 20 years ago it resurfaced and a current Texas Ranger bought it from a Mexican woman for $300, and had the side plate engraved ("Presidio" is misspelled as Presido on the original so on the reproduction as well).  The gun had been packed in grease and well preserved so is in very good shape.  The gun was shown to Mike Harvey who is having Uberti reproduce it.  I think a few have already been sold so it is in current production.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com