Author Topic: Chaparral Arms  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Ace Hanlon

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chaparral Arms
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:01:35 AM »
I'm considering the purchase of an 1876 rifle in either 45-70 or 45-60 caliber.  Have read many horror stories about these rifles concerning quality control and now the lack of support for repair or replacement.  Is there a range of serial numbers someone should not consider or any other words of wisdom the folks on this site offer.  Thanks In Advance for your comments.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 166
Re: Chaparral Arms
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »
I'm guessing you mean 45-75? The 76's were never chambered in 45-70.
King Medallion

Offline Ace Hanlon

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
You are correct it is 45-75. Thanks for responding King

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:04:59 AM »

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
AH- I will probably draw FLAK from the members who shoot the Chaparrel. But since I have both a 45-60 Chaparrel and a Uberti '76 in 45-60 I can speak as a owner. In terms of shooting they shoot about the same, not a lot of difference... I think my Uberti shoots a better shot grouping than the Chaparrel... but that is my opine, since I like it better, maybe I just shoot better with it than when I am shooting the Chaparrel.  But there is one thing that makes the Uberti stand out from the Chaparrel... Uberti is better made and if you need parts, you might be in for a long hunt or wait with the Chaparrel. I have done action work on both of the 45-60's and I still like the Uberti better than the Chappy... but that is my opine and as I say it, I am sure someone will claim the Chappy is a fine rifle, guess it is in the eye of the beholder... you get what you pay for. The Uberti's cost more ifn you buy NROB.
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com