Author Topic: cartridge loading supplies  (Read 292 times)

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
cartridge loading supplies
« on: February 07, 2024, 08:51:00 AM »
Greetings all,

Been a while from me posting something.  Have had nothing worth posting up but getting a chance to go to range maybe has lead to getting ready to pack range bag.  This always seems to lead me to looking at inventory of reloading supplies.  Now on a good day the 76 cartridges can present a challenge finding cases and such.  While my stocks are ok there is always room for more thus I figured to stick my head out from under my rock and see if the ballistic filler of choice in my reloading was back in stock at Buffalo Arms.  I am speaking of Puff-lon,  Now I know there are other choices but I tried this years ago and liked it.  It has shown out of stock for a while so I sent Buffalo Arms a message and asked if any hope of seeing it again, reply I got says they are trying but can't seem to get a straight answer from maker.  I had almost sent directly to Puff-lon but I figured if Buffalo Arms couldn't get an answer then a nobody like myself would only be filling the airwaves with useless mail.  Just sharing what I have found out on a reloading supply, seems as if this product is in limbo and there is nobody with any ideas on if we will ever see it again.  Shame anytime a product goes MIA as we have seen many suppliers of brass disappear and standard reloading items are in short supply all over.

On a brighter note I hope to have a chance to go shooting next week and plan to enjoy the small horde of cartridges I have made up!  Keep ya powder dry and hope everyone is having good days.

P.B.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: cartridge loading supplies
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 01:29:15 PM »
PB, I don't use filler alot, but what I use is free, and abundant. I use lint from the dryer, specifically towels, as this has the least amount of cat hair in it. :D Thumbnail size piece is all I need. Give it a try.
King Medallion

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 02:39:54 PM »
Thanks Mr King!  I will give it a try. Heaven knows lint is in abundance at my dryer too.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:49:11 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1214
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »
You guys have heard of black powder, right?   ;D :D

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 03:56:35 PM »
"You guys have heard of black powder, right?   ;D :D"

Oh yes and lovely stuff it is. Sometimes the urge to work with smokeless just takes over!!   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com