Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 761808 times)

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
Ever watch Tom Selleck in "High Road to China" ?
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »
Missed that one, but if ya say it's good I'll look fer it.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
Yessir, I like Tom when he has that stubbly beard.  Those planes look like Dehaviland Moths.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 07:29:59 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »
Probably are, TLD...............Buck 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
Ya know, I forgot somethin' I was tellin' buck Sunday, an old faded memory, stopped at the store Sunday for some rolls, was a little plane headed to the airport, and as I headed in Saw the Sunday Omaha World Hearald on the rack.

Back when I was young, Grandpagot it delivered to the fame by a single engine plane that came over low and tried to drop it in te pasture east of the house.  Remember how hard it was to read the funnies the time it hit the metal roofed garage. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »
Cool, we need a new paper boy.  At least ya'd know when it arrived.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »
Texas Country Reporter did a story about an old fellow that was about 90 and still flew. She delivered newspapers to folks up in Alaska by air.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
At the very end of this video there is an awsome shot of a four engine blowing a dam.  I paused it and tried to save it but no go.  Anyone knows how ta get me the pitcher gets a beer on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2FOBxshWY&NR=1

Roland Deschain

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 09:02:34 PM »
It's almost too complicated to explain, so I'll just give you the basics.

Go to http://www.mediaconverter.org/ and download the video to your drive in the format of you choosing.  Then use a video editing software to grab the image.

On the other hand, the easiest way is to pause the video, press the print screen button.  Open paintbrush and Edit/Paste.  Then you can cut the rest of the junk out.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
Thanks Trin, I'm still messing with it, but sure I'll get it right sooner er later.  It's a really neat picture.

Roland Deschain

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
Leo
The painting is of a Avro Lancaster during the bombing of the dams in the Ruhr Valley.  I couldn’t find a site with the painting shown, but this site has a slew of Dam buster paintings.

http://www.aviationartprints.com/the_dambusters.htm

PS  I always thought it was a great idea to use two converging spotlights to determine the exact altitude over the water to launch the bombs.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
We had a Lancaster fly out to Midland for the CAF AirSho a few years ago. It came from Canada. Those Lancasters are big planes.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
Avro also made another impressive bomber.  The Vulcan impressed the heck out of me when I saw it fly figure eights at about 500ft within the airport boundaries at Mitchell Field in Milwaukee.  (Watched Thunderball last night on TV. Too).
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
Don't think there's but maybe two of those still airworthy. I know one belongs to the RAF over in England, believe I have a tape of the maintanence and crew flying it. Got it at Goodwill while Susie still worked there..........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 05:37:03 PM »
I got to meet an RAF crew of a Nimrod anti-sub plane that flew from Northern Scotland to Midland for the AirSho.  They had the Bombay area loaded with cases of Guiness Stout.  I helped em drink a few of those cases that weekend.  By the way, Guiness tastes pretty good with BBQ.

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
ENGLAND FOREVER

Scotland a wee bit longer

Vive la france!
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 08:11:49 PM »
Thank you Russ.  Good stuff in that link.

Roland Deschain

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
Got lost on that site fer awhile.  Get a kick out of those Brits, they named the dambusting "operation chastise".
Can just hear, "Don't mess with me Gerry, I'll be forced to firmly chastise you!"

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 05:56:05 AM »
Them Brits are the original "tight a$$es".

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
Funny the Brits come up.  Watchin a show on National Geographic channel called "Air Emergency--Ripped from the cockpit".  It's an amazing true story about somthin that happened on a Brittish Airways flight.  If you get a chance to watch it, do.  It all comes down to some bolts mis-sized by .200th of an inch.  I'm still scratchin ma head over it.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com