Author Topic: The Aldo Uberti Iron Frame Henry  (Read 5992 times)

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Aldo Uberti Iron Frame Henry
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:31 AM »
Thanks very much for sharing that story!  Oddly enough, your story has eliminated any disappointment I had about not finding a buyer for my Iron Frame Henry.   What, may I ask, inspired you to reminisce?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »
OD#3,

On another note.  You are lucky enough to have a shooting example of each of the types of rifle manufactured by Henry.  The Iron Frame was first and continued into the the Brass Rifles.

Had my Gun Fund been flush, I'd have your Iron Frame.

Now, consider altering your Carrier Blocks to run Cowboy 45 Special cases.  You can get 17 of em in there.  Really fun.  Loads on Sunday, Shoots ALL week.

Coffinmaker

Offline badlands

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
OD#3 I had kind of taken it for granted and had it on the bench in the shop for a cleaning and pulled the side plate and there was the "AU" stamped.  Made me think about how it came about.
The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:59:00 PM »

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »
Hey Coffinmaker,  had MY gunfund been flush, it would never have been for sale in the first place.  Regardless, thanks to badlands, I'm now ambivalent about it and strongly leaning towards being very happy it didn't sell.  Thanks again for the story, badlands, and thanks for the explanation.  I wonder if anyone else has ever found an "AU" stamp somewhere on one of their Uberti firearms and if that means that he was personally involved in its manufacture. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com