Author Topic: Hand Of God Holster  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Cinco Peso

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hand Of God Holster
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »
I am thinking about ordering the "Hand of God Holster Pattern" from Will Ghormley, my understanding is that it does not include modifications to make a right hand cross draw. If I am correct con anyone advice on cross-draw modification.
Thanks

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Hand Of God Holster
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
Add lots of can't, until it feels right. Hard to say exactly how much, it depends on position and barrel length.

Offline Cinco Peso

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »
Thank you Capt.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:00:54 AM »

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
Have you ever found or made the pattern for a cross draw  Hand of God?
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 693
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 08:32:43 AM »
I don't believe there are any cross draw instructions in the pack but if you have any of his other packs they go over how to make them cross draws.

If you start putting some cant into this one to make it a cross draw it may mess up to linement of the rivets on this particular holster. You may want to check that.

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline DoubleJarre

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 08:36:26 AM »
While I don't have specific advice on that modification, have you checked out firstchurchlove.com? While it's a site focused on church renovations, they have some great resources on DIY projects and customization. They may have some tips or inspiration on how to modify your holster pattern to fit your specific needs.

Good luck with your project, and I hope you find the modification you're looking for!

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 05:43:43 PM »
Hi
I bought the Hand of God Pattern set from Will Ghormley and none of the patterns are for cross draw.  There is also a performance modification that can be done on any of the G2 HOG pattern to make a fast draw rig, but it will be the same shape / configuration as the original.  Basically you will add a leather tab to the holster and the back and a snap below them.  It's built for a 2.5 inch belt but that could be adjusted too. 

I also bought the Al Stohlman "How to make Holsters" from Tandy Leather.  Page 3 shows how to cant the holster patterns.  If I wanted a cross draw Hand of God holster, I would use some cheaper leather and build setup with a cant first, using the angles from the Tandy book with the performance modifications. 

Hope this helps, but then we're playing Doctor Fronkensteen and raising the dead from 2019.
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 06:00:50 PM »
If I wanted a cross draw Hand of God holster, I would use some cheaper leather and build setup with a cant first, using the angles from the Tandy book with the performance modifications.
That's a great idea. I've used the worst belly leather for this purpose. It works great. I don't stitch, either. Rather, I use small speedy rivets to assemble it. If needed, you can stretch it to make things a little different then take it apart to see how to modify the pattern. My pruning shears live in one of my belly-leather-proof-of-concept holsters.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com