Author Topic: Best 'smith for action job on 92  (Read 8020 times)

PonderJack

Best 'smith for action job on 92
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:56:17 PM »
Just got a EMF Hartford 92 and it's pretty rough.  Any ideas as to the best place to send it out for action job, and adjustments including sighting in.

Big Hext Finnigan

Re: Best 'smith for action job on 92
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »
Howdy Jack,
Welcome to CAS City. ;D

There are two answers to your questions.
1.  Find a local CAS gunsmith, who knows what he is doing.. Don't ask him if he knows, ask his customers.  Ask to see his work, but not his selected work.  Ask around.  This is my preferred recomendation.  And depending on where you live, the citizens here, could make a suggestion or two.

2.  Send it to the nationally recognized smiths for that gun.  Nate Kiowa Jones out of Texas has a pretty solid reputation.  You can find him at TFS www.frontierspot.org pretty regularly.  I'm sure there are others.

Adios,

Offline J.D.Cayhill

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 09:41:13 PM »
What BHF said. I have a pretty good local smith that slicked my 92 up real good. But if you can't find anyone locally Nate has an outstanding reputation with 92's.
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."
SBSS #638
BOSS #44
STORM #142
RATS #89

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:45:51 PM »

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 11:21:51 PM »
I just got one from Nate Kiowa Jones.  His work is first rate.  I highly recommend him.

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 11:00:30 PM »
Jack, Nate Jones does real fine race jobs on 92's.  He has a large following and because of this you may have to get in line.

See in your profile that MD is listed as one of your ponderosas.  May want to contact Hangin Dawg (Cayley Carson) in New Castle, DE.  Does fine work ... t18man@bellatlantic.net
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 04:26:44 PM »
 :) :)  A hearty YES! to all the kudos for our Pard Nate Kiowa Jones.  He did a Winchester '94 and two pistols for me and I could not be happier.  Try his website:
( www.stevesgunz.com ) or email him:
( steve@stevesgunz.com )
You will be pleased.
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 10:40:50 PM »
Steve is best if you got a Rossi 92 that you want sl.icked up.  He is a genius.  He also happens to be from the Great State of Texas(allyou Texas Pards remove your hats).  Steve's shop is in Port Arthur.  The 92 Rossi is his specialty.  His wife makes real neat SASS mugs with your SASS number and alias for $29.95.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com