Author Topic: Steampunk paper cartridge former  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Steampunk paper cartridge former
« on: April 15, 2021, 10:20:46 AM »
Just . . . wow?

Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: Steampunk paper cartridge former
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Something more to throw money at!

It would make a great "Whatsit?" desk sculpture.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 11:37:01 AM »
I doubt the ladies making those cartridges in the 1850s/60s had anything that elaborate!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:51:35 AM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »
I feel Shop Class was Mr. Crossen's favorite subject in High School.

If only he had been a Stoner. Think of the fabulous Doobie Roller he would have come up with . . .
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 03:58:24 PM »

:)  Ahem   ;)

Whilst in the local Starbucks, waiting for my Tall Mocha, a gal walked in and asked for "A Skim Milk, Decaf, No Foam Latte."  I asked . . . . Why bother??  Thats just brown Hot Water.  She was not amused.

This little Rube Goldberg Steampunk paper cartridge rolling "machine??" seems to fall in the same cattle gory.  Why Bother??

I also had a friend in High School who was the proud possessor of a fine Cigarette Rolling Machine.  Turned out some super fine filter tip reefers.  Put 'em up in empty Cigarette boxes he scrounged up.  That I know of, he never got caught.

Stay Safe Out There

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:31 PM »
Well, I DID inhale.

Those made for some of the finest times I had in High School if I could just remember them. :D
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 05:37:32 PM »
I keep thinking of it as a table top amusement, like you sometimes see at finer Waffle Houses.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 06:05:11 PM »
It's one of those objects that many years from now, when your heirs are disposing of your estate, they'll ooh and ahhh over it and ask themselves "What the hell is this thing?".
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline G Bulldog Grainisland III

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 02:28:40 AM »
Cool!

-Bulldog

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »
River City John said, It's one of those objects that many years from now, when your heirs are disposing of your estate, they'll ooh and ahhh over it and ask themselves "What the hell is this thing?".

John, I agree. But I've scored a LOT of antique reloading tools out of the 'Kitchen Implements' sections of the local antique shops.  ;D

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 10:56:30 AM »
A little off subject, but I once scored an early antique can opener, designed to open the type of cans that had the lids soldered on with a vent hole in top that was closed with a blob of solder after being immersed in a boiling water bath to sterilize. (1850-1870's or so)
Nice hardwood handle, an adjustable cutter on the shaft that ended in a dogleg end point to pierce that vented hole and rock the cutter around the rim to open.

The family thought it was a leather working tool to cut round pieces of leather up to a 5" diameter. Nevermind that it would leave a hole in the center of that leather circle.
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com