Author Topic: Tang sight...  (Read 836 times)

Offline Virgil Lantey

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • 3-7-77
  • NCOWS #: 4017
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 72
Tang sight...
« on: August 03, 2022, 08:36:10 PM »
Anybody out there in lever lever land mounted a tang peep sight on their Miroku 92 with tang safety? I see that Marbles makes one, #009802.
"Around Dodge City and in the territories out west, there's only one way to handle the killers and the spoilers, and that's with a U.S. Marshall and the smell of...Gunsmoke!"

Offline Virgil Lantey

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • 3-7-77
  • Liked:
Re: Tang sight...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 11:48:56 AM »
I hear crickets chirping so I'll take that as a no.
Turns out it requires drilling and tapping a hole in the upper tang and I'm not willing to do that anyway.
I have a couple other options for dealing with aging eyes.
I have a Skinner barrel mount peep that should fit the existing dovetail...or...I can use the factory semi buckhorn as a peep, disregarding the notch entirely. I'll be trying that method momentarily.
"Around Dodge City and in the territories out west, there's only one way to handle the killers and the spoilers, and that's with a U.S. Marshall and the smell of...Gunsmoke!"

Offline Virgil Lantey

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • 3-7-77
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »
Success using the buckhorn as a peep!!!!
My handgun loads (avg. 935 fps, 250 gr RNFP) averaged 1200 fps out of the 24" barrel and were right on at 25 yards.
I still plan to develop a "rifle only" load for the 92 using IMR4227 that I expect will be around 1450-1500 fps.
Love this Miroku 92! Not bothered one iota by the tang safety or rebounding hammer and I have zero plans to change anything.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:12:58 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com