CAS TOPICS > Gun Reviews

Buying A Pair Of Colt SAA -VS- Italian Replicas?

(1/15) > >>

Dispatch:
I've been contemplating buying two new, old stock Colt SAA's (45 lc), with consecutive serial numbers 'if possible', but I am taking into consideration the Italian reproductions like from Taylor's And Company.

I was told Colt's are of better quality especially on fit and finish and that they also hold their value greater.

It's price difference that's astounding as two Italian's are less than or equal to the price of one single Colt.

Has anyone has this situation happen to them?  :-\

Major 2:
Nope...this is a completely unique situation   ;D

none the less  :P  opinions will expound and explicate   ;)

Capt Quirk:
Hey, of you have the money, and it won't put you in the dog house, go Colt. If you don't, go Eyetalian.

Advertising:

Rye Miles:

--- Quote from: Dispatch on September 19, 2019, 11:18:33 PM ---I've been contemplating buying two new, old stock Colt SAA's (45 lc), with consecutive serial numbers 'if possible', but I am taking into consideration the Italian reproductions like from Taylor's And Company.

I was told Colt's are of better quality especially on fit and finish and that they also hold their value greater.

It's price difference that's astounding as two Italian's are less than or equal to the price of one single Colt.

Has anyone has this situation happen to them?  :-\

--- End quote ---

If you can afford it get the Colts, you won't be sorry! They do hold their price and they stand up to rigorous shooting! I have a pair in .357, a third gen and a second gen. I also have a pair of backups that are a Pietta and a Uberti Cattleman.

Major 2:
Yep,  I have both , covet AND Shoot the COLTS ,  quite fond of the Ubertis as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version