Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BOLD Chambers

FAVORITE Duty Pistol

<< < (11/14) > >>

Willie Dixon:
I agree Shotgun,

there's something about that backstrap, lack of hammer, and especially that "plasticky" feel that makes me just don't like them.  I know they're great guns.

It's just growing up on SAAs, S&W police's, and my 1911 models... I dunno guess it's like Boss says in "Open Range:"  "I like mine with a little heft to 'em."

USBP1969:
"Now, going into the NPS as an LE ranger, I'm hoping they'll do the same."

I wish you the best of luck Willie in your new career.  During the nine years I was stationed at FLETC as a Firearms Instructor for the Border Patrol it was very difficult for folks to get into NPS, except for temporary seasonal positions.  Congratulations.

The federal Gov't tends to be very rigid when it comes to personally owned weapons and even different (read better) ammunition than that being issued by the agency.  I hope that you are successful.

I always preached that an LEO should be permitted to carry what he feels best to save his bacon as long as he can qualify with it at a minimum off and 80%.  Technically it might not be better, but he will shoot better and be more confident with the one he trusts.

kent

Willie Dixon:

--- Quote from: USBP1969 on June 20, 2011, 10:00:18 AM ---I always preached that an LEO should be permitted to carry what he feels best to save his bacon as long as he can qualify with it at a minimum off and 80%.  Technically it might not be better, but he will shoot better and be more confident with the one he trusts.
kent

--- End quote ---

Amen, Kent.  That's my feelings too.  But if they want me to shoot steel shells out my Kimber, I'm definitely just going to ruin a Glock or Beretta. ;)

Advertising:

sheltonj:
Carried several models and calibres.
My favorites are my current carry.

Handgun:
1. Custom 1911 .45 ACP; 5"
2. Glock .45 GAP G38 4"
Rifle
1. Rock River LAR, .223

Shotgun as an entry tool.

Tuolumne Lawman:
Wow, now that's a tough one.. Probably a tie between a Para Ordnance P13 alloy frame and Glock 20 10mm.  I shot much better with the P13, but the Glock was my 17 shot (had +2 base plate) .41 magnum since I used top end loads.....  As far as best all around duty weapon, I LOVED and still do love, the 469 Smith.  I shoot it better than any other 9mm or 40 S&W I ever carried.  I mostly carried it as an off duty piece in patrol, but did carry it as a primary in detectives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version