Author Topic: Who needs an Elf on the shelf,Cawfee,Tea and a Chocolate Lab watching us for Dec  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Morning y'all.
Coffee, tea and eggnog are ready.

I assume there was more than one Flipper.

'Tis 15 and overcast. High of 36,

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
If you mean the mammal yes, several trained Dolphins were used.
There were two original movies, and 4 year run of the TV series and a remake in the mid-90's
Halprin was in all.
But in the 1996 remake with Paul Hogan, Halprin played a small part  of Bounty Fisherman #3.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Well I guess Kevin and I will be on thousands of windshields all over Nebraska next year.  My brother saw it and sent it.  2008 picture, has been used a lot over the years.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

Yes, I was referring to the mammal.

'Tis 15 and sunny. High of 44.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

'Tis 24 and overcast. High of 44.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Headed to the Feed store.
 Bad weather is rolling in this afternoon and tomorrow off the Gulf.
Something akin to a Tropical depression, with high wind and 5-6 inches of rain predicted.
Surf on the east side of the State could run 8-10 feet. 

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Feed store has a line of homemade jams, and pickled items..
I bought a jar of Maple Bacon Jam to try...its GREAT !  ;D

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

Everything is better with bacon.  ;D

Monthly systems outage, today. So, I'll be going into verk in a bit.

'Tis 37 and cloudy. "Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the morning  then light rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 40s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4927
Good morning folks, 50 here and raining right now, supposed to dry off and get to 56. Had our Church Christmas Dinner/Party last night, a catfish place and was it good! Even had some of the best pickled green tomatoes I've had in years, frog legs too. Anyway, off to work in a few minutes, all bets are off on how busy we will be. Y'all have a good one, stay safe and well.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Catfish and fried green tomatoes now that is a treat :)  I like frog legs too.  :D
Rain and wind moving in now, going to get nasty as the day wears on.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Rain event has moved on, it was moderate and steady all day till about 3:30 AM.
I don't think it was anywhere near what was predicted, at least here.

It's breezy, and a pleasant 72, temps to drop to the low 40's on Tuesday.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

Verked over 10 hours, yesterday. Got most of my list done.

Off to church in a bit.

Cheddar brats for luuuuuuuuunch.

'Tis 33 and overcast. "Cloudy. Areas of drizzle in the morning. Widespread fog in the morning  then patchy fog in the afternoon. Nearly steady temperature in the upper 30s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent."

Slim

Offline Hair Trigger Jim

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 914
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
28 degrees here in NE NE, going on 48 and sunny.  Frost this morning on the plowed field behind us initially looked like a dusting of snow in the dim light, but nope.

Spent most of the last week getting a cattle thief convicted.  Jury finally found him guilty of a felony, although not as serious a felony as we'd charged.  Still a win in the big picture.  What time wasn't spent on that got spent on church pastoral search committee duties, an area where we also made a lot of progress.

Finally had some time yesterday for other things.  Took my toddler to a local jewelry store, and was discussing various pieces with the saleslady and trying to stay within budget.  A lady I've never met heard us, said she remembered being young with kids, and plopped a hundred dollar bill down in front of me telling me to buy my wife something really nice!  Obviously, I did.  I was blown away by her generosity to a total stranger.

After that I stopped at a pawn shop/gun store I've never been to before.  There were a few cool old items like a Dreyse pistol, and a box of .41 rimfire labeled as "rifle ammunition" to get around restrictions.  The gentleman let me handle a Colt 1902 even though I wasn't buying it.  It did not feel nearly as awkward as I expected even with the long barrel.  There was also a Winchester 1876 rifle on the wall, which came from the owner's father-in-law and isn't for sale.  The gentleman did say he's looking for some .45-75 ammo, and we briefly discussed reloading.  I plan to return there sometime.

Today we have the kids' Christmas pageant my wife is directing.  She had to do some adapting yesterday when "Mary" (a key role) came down with strep throat, but she had an eager substitute willing to learn the lines.  Hopefully all goes well today and it glorifies the One we celebrate.

Happy trails!

Offline Hair Trigger Jim

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 914
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Well I guess Kevin and I will be on thousands of windshields all over Nebraska next year.  My brother saw it and sent it.  2008 picture, has been used a lot over the years.

I may have to get one just to display your picture.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Quiet here, I slept later than I want to admit but kinda sleep when I can right no.  Patient is doing better, successfully made "I'm hungry but don't know what i want" an egg sandwich just before 4 am.  Dog let me know she was awake after a couple attempts to sleep.  Two appointments Wed including biopsy that was put on hold.  Friday of the next week is family Christmas so will be just us on 24th and 25th.  Told her if she is back in the hospital I'm chopping up the ribeye/prime rib roast that was for Thanksgiving after removing the fat and having cheese steaks on biscuit. ;D

What ever, net is being weird, need more coffee.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

'Tis 18, cloudy and windy. WC 3. High of 29.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Some of the simplest home fixes can (try) beat the HE double toothpicks out of you.

For your Monday morning amusement, I submit my aluminum screen door lock !

Last week it jammed! would not open, the internal guts were askew, as in busted.
Not surprised, as it is soft cast aluminum, so I was able to pry it open,
disassemble and discard the locks guts. This took a bit of doing as not to snap off the hinged opener lever.
This did work, but the boss lady liked the lock feature, and instructed me to FIX IT !
(Me ?) I was perfectly happy with the simple closer latch sans lock guts, boss lady overrules!

So, off I go to the ACE Hardware , they have one but it is not like mine and would require redrilling holes and leaving the old holes as scars. not Ideal
Next was Home Depot... same same and besides being several bucks more of the cost of the assume correct one, I can order for Amazon (determined by the accompanying photo)

So, Amazon it was, even with shipping it was only $20... $9.49 + the 9.95 shipping  :o $4  less than Ace & HD total cost with tax.

It arrived Saturday during our monsoon, and I might add the Amazon driver just threw it over the fence ::)

So, the new unit, it is the correct hole patten, but it has a nylon push button and plunger, and try as I did, it would stick in the pushed in position, the rod flexing out of position, and not even actuate the door catch. 

I fussed with it about a frustrating hour... and finally used the new latch with its functioning internal lock and the old exterior handle and cast aluminum button and steel plunger.

It WORKS
, "SHE" will be "eh! " Satisfied I assume.  I'm pissed the damnable thing tried to beat me up.

a nap is in order  ;)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

That sounds like lots of fun, Major 2.

Off verk until the 26th.

Heading to Mitchell Field in a bit to pick #1 daughter.

'Tis 10 and clear. High of 32.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee, enjoying it now with toast w/ maple bacon jam.

Yeah, a minor annoyance part failure that manifested into almost laughable PITA.
It didn't go unnoticed, got a "thank you" out of it, so it was a harmonious outcome. :)

Haircut time has rolled around again. looking shaggy  ::) "SHE" requests I get it cut before the Holliday.

That's all the, fun for today ...so far !

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
I feel your pain Major!   Sunday, we were doing laundry for the upcoming work week.   Wife had a load in the front loading washer when it quit.   Fortunately, i knew the issue.   There is a filter on the bottom of the thing that if clogged the maching stops in its tracks.  Problem is, it now has water in it and for me to get to it, I have to lay on the floor.   Me and a bunch of towels get soaked for a lousy $0.37 in change that had blocked up the system.   The bigger pain is getting it back together.  Lots of colourful language, and it is done and the washer is fixed.   Big problem.  Now the dryer will not shut off.   Only way to get it to stop spinning is to unplug it.   Bigger problem, Chiefs are ready to kick off.   I unplug it, trying to convince spouse it is a coincidence and I didn't even touch the dryer.    Well, watching the game and youtube to find a fix.   Found one, then a second one that had our dryer.   Aparently the board relays get stuck.  Eventually the board will need to be replaced, but a quick fix is to expose the board, whack the relays with the screwdriver, put it all back together and voila it should work.   Wife was doubtful, but at halftime, I ran up, dissembled, whacked and reassembled.   Voila, it works.   Restores my faith in the internet and questionable fixes.   Wife still thinks I did something but we were both appropriately dressed in clean clothing for the week and no expensive visits from repairmen.  I did have my sweatpants at half mast to cover any union issues.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com