Author Topic: Kirst Two Stage Hand  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Re: Kirst Two Stage Hand
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2022, 01:11:26 PM »
...Smooth, buttery operation except if I hold the pistol lift side down, it hangs up....

Well, you gotta fix that or you won't be able to shoot it gangsta style.  :D

I need to order one for my Kirst.  The trigger pops into the full cock notch a ways after bolt drops into cylinder notch, so it's putting stress on parts, I think. Might need a hammer stop as well.  But I need to contact Kirst anyway to see about lining my barrel.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
Just got a new two stage hand from Kirst.  I'll stick it in the Saber River and see how it works.

EDIT: Dropped in and timing was 100% with no fitting!  No need to cock the hammer hard, BUT NOT TOO hard, to get tight lock up.  AWESOME!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »
These Kirst hands are really good. I still need to take mine out to see if it has the bevel. Bill said that a few got by him without the bevel so I may have one of those. I'll post back after I take a look.

Meanwhile, no gangsta style shooting. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:03:24 AM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
My first one was from the very first small batch.  Maybe that is why it didn't work.  I fussed with it, and fussed with it, but could not get it to work at all.  I have fitted new hands before, but this one defied me.  The second one was PERFECT!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
It sounds like your first one had other issues besides fitment. The one I just installed only had an issue when I tried to cock it left side down. That wouldn't matter, but it meant I couldn't have the loading gate up when I bring it to the loading cock. I took the hand out again and it had the bevels but they were much smaller than shown in the photo Bill sent me so I stoned just a little more off and it seems to have done the trick.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Beowulf516

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2023, 09:00:54 AM »
:)  Navy 6  ;)

Vellie Interestink!!  When building conversions with Kirst Konverters, I found it "Normal" for the Cylinder to stop just a hair short of Battery When Cocking Very Slowly.  When cocking at speed as in a match, the rotational momentum of the cylinder carried it up into battery and lock-up.

I am, however, quite intrigued by the New Kirst two step hand.  May well have to source ups couple for myself and see how they work out. 

Thanks for the nifty post.  Play Safe Out There

The news 2 step hand from Kirst solves the issue of not fully rotating the cylinder. Trust me, get a few of these and hang on to them. Well made and works like a charm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com