CAS TOPICS > Gunsmithing

'92 Rossi..........

(1/2) > >>

Foothills Drifter:
Howdy......
I have a '92 Rossi that worked flawlessly (is that a word :o ) for the first year of my Cas shooting. After that it would stove pipe the the cartridge before it could get to the chamber (.45 colt) It's been sittin in the safe for 4 years now and ain't been shot sense (I have a '66 Win. and a '94 Marlin also) I was told by another shooter that I need to put a shim under the chingaso's (thingys) that are screwed (  :o ) to the frame and my problem will be solved. I could send it to Steve Young but that wiuld be too easy. Anyone tried a fix like this........?

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

Tombstone Runner SASS#54765:
Hey Drifter
Go talk to Steve at www.stevesgunz.com....He is known as the 92 expert. Or let me know if ya wanna sell it!! :)
TR

Texas Lawdog:
If it can be fixed< Steve is the"man".  If he works on it, the problems are solved and future problems are avoided.  If you are planning on keeping that rifle. Let Steve fis it for you.  Four years is a long time to let it sit.  Thats four years that you could have been shooting it if Steve had worked on it to begin with.

Advertising:

Tombstone Runner SASS#54765:
Yup Nate is shipping mine tommorow!! Back on the range next week!!
TR

Irish Red O'Toole:
Drifter,
Let me offer another possibility.  Take it over to Bob Shaw at Walker '47.  He may not like working on 92s but he's a wizard when it comes to fixing them.  He slicked up my 92 carbine and it smokes!!  Should save you the trouble of shipping the rifle off to Texas and back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version