Author Topic: HRA Henry  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
HRA Henry
« on: August 13, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »
Hey Major 2

Have you been able to determine how close the internal moving parts on the HRA 011 are to Uberti??  Have you even had yours apart??
Looked at a SS Kit??

I was thinking (Oh, the pain  :o), I may have a trip to New Jersey coming up.  It might be worth the "ask" to see if the folks at HRA would be willing to build a COPO Iron Frame HRA, with a 16 inch barrel, chambered in either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  I wouldn't even care if a SS Kit would fit or not.  It would be SO KOOL!!!  Maybe make a personal visit, plead my case.  Beg.  Snivel and Beg.  Roll on the floor
kicking my legs and screaming Beg. 8).  Maybe back to the Piggy Bank just in case  :D

Coffinmaker

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: HRA Henry
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »
No Sir... no & nope .... none of mine are SS'ed ....

when You go the NJ I'd like to go too

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:24:15 AM »
Hey Major 2

Have you been able to determine how close the internal moving parts on the HRA 011 are to Uberti??  Have you even had yours apart??
Looked at a SS Kit??

I was thinking (Oh, the pain  :o), I may have a trip to New Jersey coming up.  It might be worth the "ask" to see if the folks at HRA would be willing to build a COPO Iron Frame HRA, with a 16 inch barrel, chambered in either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  I wouldn't even care if a SS Kit would fit or not.  It would be SO KOOL!!!  Maybe make a personal visit, plead my case.  Beg.  Snivel and Beg.  Roll on the floor
kicking my legs and screaming Beg. 8).  Maybe back to the Piggy Bank just in case  :D

Coffinmaker

I email HRA about special chambering a rifle in 44 russian with a 19in barrel...they laughed me off saying they'll consider a carbine version in the future and are not considering any other chamberings besides the factory 44wcf. Also I think they make the 1860 Henry in Wisconsin.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:17:37 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 08:06:23 AM »
Bayonne, NJ.  there was some talk about moving operation to a more gun friendly State.

However,  Anthony told me there are loyal employee jobs at stake .
 These same folks helped wring out and restore the river front factory after Sandy.
HRA was severally water damaged.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »
In a case like that, you CANNOT fault HRA for staying put.  Even in New Jersey.  The Garden State  :P

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com