Author Topic: Paper Cartridge Boxes  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Paper Cartridge Boxes
« on: May 07, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »
I've been searching for paper cartridge boxes to add to some of my cased sets.  Finally found a link to CapNBall's eBay web page & Ordered a few back in March (?).  They came in yesterday.  Hungary is a few days away.  They are nice and will complete some of my sets.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Paper Cartridge Boxes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 02:58:42 PM »
I bought 16ga and 28ga blank white cardboard boxes from Ballistic Products.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »

:-\  OK You Two   >:(

Sucked me right in.  Right down the Rabbit Hole.  I was going by, minding my own business and POW!!  There were Cap-n-Balls paper cartridge boxes.  So I just naturally had to go find Cap-N-Balls' web site and prowl around.  I like watching his stuff anyway.  HOWEVER:::

Paper Cartridges ???  Really??  Just incredible boring.  Worse than Annealing (and that's a GROAN).  I just can't see it.  All that time invested, skilled labor, intense concentration, all of the above just too have all that work GONE in a EYE BLINK.  No way.  I use a cylinder loading stand and a scoop.  Does not take long to fully charge a cylinder.  Let's hear it for The Tower of Power (Shameless Plug) of which I have two, because I'm too lazy to change over between 36 and 44 calibers.

I will admit, were I to loose it.  Go stark raving.  Have images of self immolation.  I would find myself on Cap-n-Balls' site ordering his stuff for making Paper Cartridges.  Good Stuff.  Not my cup of Grog.

I will admit though, were I to contemplate going in Harms' way, restricted to Percussions Guns, I would Hartley embrace making Paper Cartridges.  I'd much prefer a Conversion Cylinder.   

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:55:57 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com