Author Topic: It's September, don't Fall all over yourself getting to the Coffee, Tea and Grub  (Read 43306 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
BLT samich for dinner  ;D   Bacon, my only vice.

Pork belly , not that gobble gobble imitation crap the liberals push  ::) 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Had Meatball sliders from a local pizza shop,homemade meatballs on garlic knots, was real good
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
De Leons for me, local Mex place, pretty decent.  Got back about 7, "On a long and lonely highway south of Omaha,"  That can be bad, about 40 miles between stations, no problem I wasn't thirsty and had a full tank, so I just stopped where I could see about 3 miles either way and peed on the yellow line.    ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hain't been there , but I have done that.

there is a lonely stretch  of 441  North of YeeHaw Junction  ( yep that's the name  :) )   55 miles to St. Cloud Florida.
There are huge cattle ranges down there...even by Texas standards... Been caught needing to wring it our my own-self.
  Yellow line seemed the perfect target for the yellow stream.
Prolly , disobedient activity but, 40 miles from nowhere , you gotta do what you gotta do, or wear it  ::)
that's just the Civil Disobedience in me....

On another note:

"homemade meatballs on garlic knots"  sounds really good  :)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Well, another working Saturday. Substitute carrier is no more, so Saturdays are not mine until they can hire and train another, since it's the government, that takes about 2-3 months.......

Airshow today, but I won't be there. Saw an SNJ flying over when I was close to the airport yesterday, and the TBM was on display when I went by, but all that will be gone by the time I get by there this afternoon. Supposed to be a B-25 too, but I can't see much from the highway because of the hangars. Couple of years ago, the B-25 couldn't make it, was getting an engine changed out.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 110
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Gonna work on fence this morn. B'day party at 13:30.
'Tis 45 and sunny. High of 64. Possible frost tonight.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Slim, Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. That cool weather sounds great. I know that Victoria would like it. Labs are cool weather Dogs. We had a big crowd at the service last night, the funeral home had to provide overflow seating. We got back about 9. We had a late Supper. I had a couple of Beers with my meal. I slept great, it felt strange getting a good nights sleep.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Got most of the brush cleared so I can start mending the fence that got struck by lightning.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I had a couple of cups of Cawffee this morning and a couple of pieces of Toast. No Lunch planned. No clue for Supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I grilled burgers on the Grill tonight on the Patio. It was cooler outside and the burgers were mighty tasty. We are going to take Victoria to the Park early tomorrow morning, then Breakfast on the Patio.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Coffee's up , pot is hot

Saw a food thing on the travel channel... left me hankering for a Soft Shell crab Po' Boy  or Oyster Po' Boy  :)
at the Flora-Bama , to bad it's over 8 hours away by car  :'(

http://www.florabama.com/oyster-bar-menu

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Lower 50's last night, had to get a blanket out of storage! Don't know what happened to summer here, I don't think there were any 100 degree days, and very few mid 90's. Makes me want to reach through the radio and slap some news announcer when they start predicting the end of the world and how it was the hottest summer ever, since the creation of the world.. ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We are enjoying a cup on the Patio, before we take Victoria to the Park. Nice weather to enjoy a good cup of Cawffee outside.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Dug 4 post holes and planted fence posts this morn.

Frost on the pumpkin earlier. 'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 71.

Slim

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Was a bit under the weather yesterday.  The smoke from the fires gets to me sometime.  Buttoned up the house and turned the AC on for a while.  It has turned what were supposed to be clear skies into almost overcast.  The winds yesterday blew the balloons South of us, and today the wind is blowing from the West, which means no good balloon pictures from the front yard this year, but probably more fire smoke.

Did a little more remodeling to the Eclectic Den yesterday.  Replaced the Asparagus Ivy hanging on either side of the big window with something my wife found called Pothos.  I got tired of sweeping all the dead fern needles off the dark hardwood floor.  The new stuff is a large leafed hanging plant, so it should work out better.  Need a little green in the Man Cave.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Been busy doin' laundry today. Yesterday we had a concert at a benefit for a Canton South grad that has cancer. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Gave in to the hankering ...went to Crabby Bills for a Fried Soft Shell Crab sandwich....

Big Brioche bun , whole Fried Soft Shell Crab, special slaw &  Cilantro Tartar sauce , hand cut sweet potatoes fries
This is the stuff they must serve in heaven....

EXCEPT...I get there, and they had just lost power , their computers down ( read registers ) power was back up , but could not take orders while their junk was rebooting....

I suppose it's to dam hard to write it down , being young recent High School girls, 
Swipe card controlled , brainless help !

NO CRAB FOR YOU !    >:(

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Saw Miz Tricky Trina and Missouri Marshal today at the shoot,will see them again next week at Heluva Rucus(NY state SASS championship)Was rainy and overcast when I left but the sun came out just before I got there and it turned into a beautiful day for shooting.I had 3 great stages and 2 so-so stages.but still had a great time.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We had Breakfast on the Patio this morning, after we got back from the Park. Victoria really enjoyed herself at the Park, the Temp was much cooler and she did a lot running in the fields. We had a nap after Breakfast. I have been watching the NFL games and Moose is doing lesson plans for next week on the Patio. I am ready for another nap. We are going to a new Italian place in GP tonight for Supper.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Went to visit my old school after church today. They built a new one last year was the last one for classes in the old one. today they had a kind of "open house" at the old one, followed by one at the new building, which I didn't care to go to. Had to show the kids where dad went to grade school. Not much really recognizable, they've done a LOT of remodeling in the last 45 years since I got to sixth grade, when we went to the main school in Camdenton. It had just 4 classrooms when I started school, only 2 still are, one became offices, the other an office, and a hallway into a new wing. One thing they did preserve totally unchanged all these years-the "library" Our library was a hall closet, maybe 3ft by 6 ft., with shelves on 3 walls. Didn't appear they had even repainted it. Talked for a while with my 2nd grade teacher, she was the only one from my time that was there today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com