Author Topic: Beat by a little girl  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
Beat by a little girl
« on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
We had our monthly muzzle loader match on Sunday and I was feeling pretty good about my shooting. My scores on for each target were in the forty's which should give me a high aggerate. My buddy brought a 16 year old girl with him that had never shot a muzzle loader and only a 22 rifle on a couple of occasion's. He was busy teaching her how to load and mentoring her at the firing line so once she seemed to be on track I went over and spelled him so he could start on his targets. She seems to be a pleasant gal and handled the rifle well. Loading the rifle herself and clearly understanding safety measures I started back on my targets while we both kept an eye on her. All us old men finished our targets and began to gather to talk and observe her shooting. No one was concerned about time and allowed her to shoot. The last target she shot was a hand drawn turkey head that some of us older fellows could only see the 1/4" black dot that is the eye. Her first shot centered that dot! Seems she shoots air rifle competition and prefers a smaller bulls eye. This being a blanket shoot we all sat around learning a bit more as the scores were totaled. Her team had won state that spring and had expected to go to the nationals till the virus closed things down. This was the first chance to shoot anything and was a great treat for her. Should be as she took first beating me by two points! I've been robbed! 🤢
Hope to see her next month.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Online Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Re: Beat by a little girl
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:17 PM »
 Please tell me her first name ,, wasn't  " ANNY " ???? lol-lol-lol .

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »
When I started going to ML matches, I was technically a "junior".  I always preferred to shoot against the adults, the competition wasn't as cutthroat. 
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:44:34 AM »

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 12:03:32 AM »
Glad to hear this. Sounds like she has some natural shooting skills to accompany her practice. I hope she becomes a regular with your group. My daughter is 16 and accompanies me to shoots on occasion.  As a side note,  I took an interest in archery as an adult and I was initially taught by a teenage girl who had the knowledge and was willing to share.  I'm glad the group respects experience over age. We need more young people in this hobby.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »

:)  Something Related   ;)

Some Lustrum ago, I was shooting at a Military Rifle match.  The profusion was a3 o3s and M14s.  I was shooting a very trix M14 and shooting it very well thank you.

Out of the line, stepped an itty bitty GIRL person, with her Bog Stock M14.  At every position, that little gal waxed everybody (except 1).  I was crushed.  Beaten by a "girl" of all things.  Oof Da.  Plus, turns out, she was all of FOURTEEN!!

Her father finished at first overall.  He beat the little girl by 2.  Just 2.  Man-0-man could she shoot.

Hide and Watch

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »
  Females typically have better hand/eye coordination. My mom proved this many times when my dad would "show off" by trying to shoot a floating can in the lake (this was in the mid '60's - few people, empty cove,  not uncommon for the times). We did a looooot of skiing back then Anyway, dad did a great job scaring  the can, hitting all around it !!  He'd hand the pistol to mom and of course mom aims, fires .  .  .  can is dead!!  Then she'd give him a "that's how you do that look!" Cracked me up!!!  Oh, the pistol was a little Beretta  .25 cal !!! Nobody shoots a .25  pocket pistol anything with any kind of accuracy .  .  . cept mom !!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline 38OVI

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 07:02:07 PM »
Many years ago, I used to belong to a club that shot on a friend's farm.  We had a picnic and I brought my late wife along to introduce her to the hobby.  I brought my .410 shotgun along as they were hand throwing clay birds.  I shot twice and missed two.  Then, I handed her the shotgun, showed her how to load it, and then had one of the people throw a clay.  She swung and blasted it.  Did it again twice more.  She had never fired a shotgun before.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 09:47:16 PM »
Not a beginner by any means, but there's a speedy young lady that shoots around here named Diamond Kate.  She's late teens, I'd guess.  Anyway, her shotgun buttstock has laser-engraved on it:  "You just got beat by a girl!"
And it's usually true. Way faster than me, for sure!  :)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 08:44:05 AM »

Young Lady up around our way, goes by "Sage Chick."  If she is at the match, you're shooting for second place.  Second place Overall.  She is gonna be in First.

Hide and Watch

Online Snake Oil

• Snake Oil
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A day shooting is good for what ails ya!
  • NCOWS #: L-198
  • GAF #: 889
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 06:53:16 AM »
I like taking my daughter with me to our matches... we had a hanging man challenge (shoot the rope to save the buddy who is being hung by a rival gang) at one match... we only two or three competitors complete the challenge... both by hitting the zip ties... my daughter was using a henry 22. (I was not one of the other competitors who were successful)  :-[
Always fun to have a reason to brag about the children!
A day shooting is good for what ails ya!

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
I like taking my daughter with me to our matches... we had a hanging man challenge (shoot the rope to save the buddy who is being hung by a rival gang) at one match... we only two or three competitors complete the challenge... both by hitting the zip ties... my daughter was using a henry 22. (I was not one of the other competitors who were successful)  :-[
Always fun to have a reason to brag about the children!

This sounds like parenting done right. Nice work dad. You have a reason to be proud.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »
Hi
I've coached 4H since about 2003 or so.  Girls shoot better, lower heart rate, less to unlearn, and they actually pay attention.  They haven't watched Rambo or played call of duty shooting while doing cart wheels etc and killing 7 bad guys. 
Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »
Good news! Her family is moving away! Now I can return to the shooting matches again without the spector of being humiliated, being beat by a bunch of old guys is one thing but a little girl....... The bad news is my so called buddy has offered to have her stay with him till after she completes flight training. “Fill in your favorite cuss words here” Oh well I’ve been beaten before, it’s going to be a long season.
She is really a fine person.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »
Why should I worry about being beaten by a girl?  I've been out shot by just about EVERYBODY at some point or another!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com