Author Topic: Attention All Den patrons  (Read 47237 times)

Offline Doc Cuervo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Attention All Den patrons
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »
As for people that mix powdders or use smokless in BP guns, I am wondering just what theyare smoking.

Offline Bishop Creek

• Top Active Citizen
  • Black Powder Shootist
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »
If it ain't smoking, it ain't real powder!

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 05:15:00 AM »
Your decision makes perfect sense.The last thing we need are accidents to newcomers caused by misunderstood information. There are plenty of places to get smokeless info. Keep this pure Blackpowder.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:25:44 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
I hate to be a dissenter, but duplexing has been around for a long time. It was quite common with the old time Schuetzen riflemen.
Mixing powders with progressive burning rates was experimented with in the Civil War. It worked, but was too labour intensive to be worthwhile.
I've even read of using a finer grade of BP under the main charge to facilitate burning. Who could bother?

I've played with duplexing in my Sharps 50-70's and it makes for a very clean burning load. It's labour intensive and a PITA to do properly, so I rarely bother, but it works.

Now I'll duck the road apples comin' at me ......
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 06:00:54 PM »
I hate to be a dissenter, but duplexing has been around for a long time. It was quite common with the old time Schuetzen riflemen.
Mixing powders with progressive burning rates was experimented with in the Civil War. It worked, but was too labour intensive to be worthwhile.
I've even read of using a finer grade of BP under the main charge to facilitate burning. Who could bother?

I've played with duplexing in my Sharps 50-70's and it makes for a very clean burning load. It's labour intensive and a PITA to do properly, so I rarely bother, but it works.

Now I'll duck the road apples comin' at me ......

No road apples.....but I'm locking this now.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com