Author Topic: Bisley or Henry Nettleton??? what do you guys think  (Read 4045 times)

Offline 55Merc

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bisley or Henry Nettleton??? what do you guys think
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »

I have funds for one but not both, which one would you guys get??  Bisley with 5.5 barrel or the Nettleton with the 5.5 barrel.  I just cant make up my mind I keep flip flopping...  Anyone whos has one of these fine revolvers please let me know what you think of them...  Thanks to all

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Bisley or Henry Nettleton??? what do you guys think
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
If you cant get both, ;)  the I would go with the Nettleton as one of the "inspector" series.  I have an Ainsworth in 7.5 inches.  The Nettleton was out at the time but I wanted  Custer era inspector markings.  The Nettleton is the same gun of course, but with different inspector markings.  I bet you can still get an Ainsworth if you want.   Here is mine.  Regards.  Deadeye.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/Psychman/AinsworthUSFA.jpg
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »
Not to be contrary, but if the Bisley is available, and you really want one, I would get one while you can.  SAA's are always available from USFA but the Bisley seems to be one of those items that are done in limited production runs (someone correct me here if I am wrong).  It might be some time, depending on sales, before they start producing them again.  If you wait, they might not be available when you are ready to buy that second gun, whereas you will always be able to find a 5 & 1/2" SAA (if not an inspector series, at least a similar pre-war model).
Another point in the Bisley's favor - there are a whole bunch of USFA SAA's out there and only a limited number of Bisleys.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:50:20 PM »

Offline The Wizard

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
I have a Nettleton with a 5-1/2 inch barrel and an extra .45ACP cylinder number to the revolver that I purchased in 1998 (was it that long ago?).  Anyway it is in ANIB (never even try to installed the .45ACP cylinder).  If interested send me a message.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »
USFA was making Nettletons in 1998? 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline The Wizard

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
I will check this evening but I think it was 1998. 

Sent my order to USFA on 13 July 1998 and picked up th revolver from my FFL on 18 November 1998.  So, yes USFA was making the Nettleton series revolvers in 1998

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com