Author Topic: Timer Operator Guidelines  (Read 652 times)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Timer Operator Guidelines
« on: December 12, 2022, 11:49:50 AM »
I read with interest Bryan Buck's comments about Timer Operator safety in the Judge's Chamber article in the Winter 2023 edition of The Shootist. Bryan's review of exactly where a Timer Operator should position themselves in relation to the shooter, regarding both pistols and long guns, was most welcome. After participating in so many matches over the years it can become something you are approaching very casually. Just another thing to be aware of when the new season starts next year.   Thanks, Bryan and Merry Christmas to All
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
Re: Timer Operator Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 05:01:40 PM »
I read with interest Bryan Buck's comments about Timer Operator safety in the Judge's Chamber article in the Winter 2023 edition of The Shootist. Bryan's review of exactly where a Timer Operator should position themselves in relation to the shooter, regarding both pistols and long guns, was most welcome. After participating in so many matches over the years it can become something you are approaching very casually. Just another thing to be aware of when the new season starts next year.   Thanks, Bryan and Merry Christmas to All

Thank you, sir. Many think the Judge's job stops at authenticity. In my mind, safety comes first.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com