Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1873

Swapping a 66 for a 73?

(1/3) > >>

DeaconKC:
Man alive! Yesterday walked into my LGS and they were unboxing a Uberti 73 with just gorgeous Case finish. Wood is okay, nothing fancy, but I just fell in love with that 73. So tomorrow gonna go up and work a deal for the 73. It's in .45 Colt, so I am expecting some blowback even though I don't run powder puff loads. Anything else really different between running this over a 66 or Rossi 92?

Major 2:
Not really , the dust cover comes to mind... but you just leave it open
The Loading gate is better....

Coffinmaker:

:)  Deacon  :D

Congratulations . . . . (I Think).  Personally, I much prefer Brass Rifles. However, both guns have exactly the same innards excepting the Trigger Block Safety Thingie.  You'll need/want/should/can change out the Trigger Block Safety Thingie Springy.

That TBST is a Royal PITA.  Rifle can be subjected to a plethora of speed parts and can run just as fast as a '66.  Have FUN with it.

Advertising:

Major 2:
While I am fond of the Brass era , as a decal displaying member of the International Multiple Henry Owners Association.  ;)
Then equally so the improved Henry and its own improvement the "73" and by extension the "76" as they evolved.
A new gun is always welcome even if something must give way,  it is sometimes a necessary sacrifice in the circle of a guns life.

Been there done that  :)  several times  ;D

greyhawk:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on May 03, 2021, 07:11:47 AM ---While I am fond of the Brass era , as a decal displaying member of the International Multiple Henry Owners Association.  ;)
Then equally so the improved Henry and its own improvement the "73" and by extension the "76" as they evolved.
A new gun is always welcome even if something must give way,  it is sometimes a necessary sacrifice in the circle of a guns life.

Been there done that  :)  several times  ;D

--- End quote ---

No major ! no no no no no no no .......................................................

Ya dont sposed ta trade em in ----- always keep tha old one !!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version