GENERAL TOPICS > Books & Movies

Tom Berenger 1996 Avenging Angel

(1/3) > >>

Tuolumne Lawman:
I recently re-watched Berenger in Avenging Angel.  It had been years since I had watched it, and I really enjoyed it.  While a little loose on History, it is one of my top dozen Western films.  I like Berenger, I like his 1860 Henry (which the follower showed was actually loaded), I like his 8" barreled S&W No.3 American, and I loved his Avenging Angel 3" 1860.  Being a US History teacher for 7 years, much of the History (including the Danites and assorted scrapes with the government)  was within reasonable boundaries of literary license.

Mogorilla:
It is one of my faves as well.  Berenger is believable in a western, not a lot of actors fit that bill

Tuolumne Lawman:
Yep, I agree.  He was good in "Johnson County War" and "Rough Riders," also.

Advertising:

Major 2:
In my career I had the pleasure to work on several Berenger films.

including AA , made the Avenging Angel 1860 for James Coburn ...
Rough Riders
Into the West
and "One Man's Hero"

I did not get to do  Last of the Dogmen  or Hatfields & McCoys ( May be his best piece of work )

Platoon

Hill Beachy:
All good films and a very underrated actor.  But I still like "Rustler's Rhapsody" best of all.

When I first started shooting CAS, one of the fellows in the club had the alias "Rex TSC."  I asked him once what the TSC stood for, and he responded "Rex The Singing Cowboy" which is when I learned about the movie. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version