Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma  (Read 13969 times)

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
3:10 to Yuma
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:03:47 PM »
Finally a new western on the big screen:

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
Re: 3:10 to Yuma
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:28:14 AM »
It's a good trend going on..... 3:10 to Yuma ... Brad Pitt's  Jessie James in about 5 weeks.

and you saw it here first...Boone's Lick by Larry McMurtry ( Lonesome Dove ) in 2008
 Tom Hanks is the producer & star.....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »
It's a good trend going on..... 3:10 to Yuma ... Brad Pitt's  Jessie James in about 5 weeks.

and you saw it here first...Boone's Lick by Larry McMurtry ( Lonesome Dove ) in 2008
 Tom Hanks is the producer & star.....

Is Boone's Lick going to be like Commanche Moon, never to appear ???
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:29:27 PM »

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
I wonder if the new "3:10 to Yuma" will keep the best line from the old movie? Some posse members are discussing the risks involved and one says: "My grandma was scalped by Comanches and lived to tell about it. She choked to death eatin' lemon pie." That line just about says it all about the sheer chanciness and unpredictability of life.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »
Comanche Moon is due to be released November 2007 as a Mini Series...
Boone's Lick is a Feature film date is not set but it will be summer 2008 ( I believe ) in Canada most likely, however Wyoming is in the talks.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »
Also, a movie bound to stir up some contraversy, opened last weekend, September Dawn.  A take on the Meadows Mountain Massacre, should of held it off until September 11th

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 05:02:42 AM »
Comanche Moon is due to be released November 2007 as a Mini Series...
Boone's Lick is a Feature film date is not set but it will be summer 2008 ( I believe ) in Canada most likely, however Wyoming is in the talks.

most of 'em are
Mathew 5.9

Offline dakotaranger

• Citizen
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
Re: 3:10 to Yuma-Dakotaranger's Review
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »
One of my Top Ten movies of all time is the 1957 version of 3:10 To Yuma . While it similar to High Noon if 3:10 Came out before High Noon I believe no one would know about High Noon. With High Noon you have a soon to be former marshal that is marrying a pacifist begging for help. 3:10 is more about the interaction between Ben Wade and Dan. It is more psychological dealing with the stress that Dan goes through before he gets the bad guy to the train including offers of bribery. Without giving to much away the original is about doing the right thing and not letting evil triumph.

After I saw the first few minutes of the preview in movie theaters, starting seeing hints of what the movie was going to be I got excited that Hollywood when I figured out that they remade my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE western of all time. Although being fully cognisant of the damage Hollywood does when they make classic I was skeptical of what we would get.

The 2007 3:10 to Yuma is one of the few remakes that is well done. The movie was full of action, where the original didn't have a lot until the last ten minutes. The new version did an awesome job of working in almost all the great dialogue of the original. The ending of this movie was totally unexpected and was the only way this version could end and be intellectually honest with itself. Unfortunately I can't share why I liked the ending due to I would ruin the film for those that would see this.

There are a couple of things that did bug me. There was one point where some Pinkerton Detectives had Ben Wade hooked up to electrodes. I get the left is horrified by Abu Grahib, the soldiers were punished that did it. And I'll agree torture done for fun or just sheer punishment shouldn't happen. Yada, yada, yada. The reason I know this is the case is because Peter Fonda said so. To the left let it go, the monsters would do worse and have done worse to us.

Then there is blame big business (railroad) for everyone's problems. While there were unethical business dealings big business isn't to blame for everything. While the issue they were dealing with was emanate domain (a valid concern) blaming a "corrupt business" or blaming your up bringing doesn't release the criminal from taking responsibility for their crime.

In spite of these standard liberal beliefs it still made me want to saddle up and head for the hills after Jesse James.

If the pen is truely mightier than the sword, they why do so many people weild crayons

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »
Just saw 3:10 to Yuma at my local theater.

It's a great movie and Dakotaranger's comments hit the nail on the head especially the mention of the suprise ending.

I'll be sure to buy the DVD when it comes out

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
Well, it's certainly an entertaining movie. For remakes, it's among the best. Take the time and go to see it, you won't be disappointed.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Schofield

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
Is Crow anywhere near an Eastwood, Costner, Duvall or Selleck with his western role character in this movie?

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »
Is Crow anywhere near an Eastwood, Costner, Duvall or Selleck with his western role character in this movie?
I'm not sure what you mean but Russel Crow plays the part extremely well and portrays the character as good as anyone could. He does do westerns well.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Schofield

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 09:08:01 PM »
Yeah, that's what I was wondering about Marshal Will.  I've only seen him in one western (the Quick & Dead with Sharon Stone) and he was sort of in a non-leading role in that one.  From his performance in that movie, it is hard for me to imagine him performing on the level of the other actors I mentioned.  I'm sure it's a good movie though and I plan on seeing it soon.  Thanks

Offline dakotaranger

• Citizen
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »
He fit the character.  An Eastwood would have been wrong for the role because Ben Wade wasn't a kill first, kill some more, and kill again type.  He only killed because he thought it was necessary.  Eastwood's western roles there is no humanity in the role...you're supposed to not like him.   Ben Wade is supposed to be charasmatic (See Glenn Ford in the 1957 version.) because otherwise it wouldn't be tempting to Dan Evens to just let him go.
If the pen is truely mightier than the sword, they why do so many people weild crayons

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »
  Number 2 at the Box over the weekend 9.2 Million     that must be saying something
Mathew 5.9

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:37:42 AM »
My wife and I saw it over the weekend.  We both loved it.  I liked the story and the guns and she liked the "good story".  Go see it and show hollywood producers that they can make money making westerns.  I also plan to buy it on DVD when it comes out.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
 Howdy Barbarosa

This movie was better than Good, definitely worth the price of a ticket.

And you ask about the old movie, well that was also a good movie, especially for it's time, you can catch it on the western channel from time to time if you have cable.

Shoot Straight 8)

TEN WOLVES FIVE SHOOTER ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline dakotaranger

• Citizen
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 02:10:34 AM »
Overview for 3:10 to Yuma (1957)   
Brief Synopsis:

A sheriff must run the gauntlet to get his prisoner out of town.

Has anyone seen the original movie made in 1957 with Glenn Ford? My friend told me yesterday it was a good flick.
The original is my Favorite western.  In my opinion if it would have come out before "High Noon" no one would have ever heard of "High Noon."

Offline Stophel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 09:14:59 PM »
Overview for 3:10 to Yuma (1957)   
Brief Synopsis:

A sheriff must run the gauntlet to get his prisoner out of town.

You know, now that you mention it, it is kinda like "The Gauntlet"...without the armor plated bus of course.

Nag, nag, nag.
The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
Re: 3:10 to Yuma You Tube Site
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10:55 AM »
Hi,

Was surfing and just found this site with out takes from the movie edited by some afficianado ... actually I found them pretty good .....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com