Author Topic: New month, no lie, it's July  (Read 16087 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: New month, no lie, it's July
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2021, 01:01:09 PM »
Anyone else think this looks like bacteria in a petri dish?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »
Oh and the same hand cut fries, sad few people today like real fries, they like frozen junk. ::)  I had that discussion with the lady who eats KFC and Whoopers.  :-X  I ate the fries.

"On July 13, 2021, a restaurant in New York City broke a Guinness World Record by serving up the world’s most expensive plate of French fries.

The restaurant, Serendity 3 in Manhattan, served up its $200-a-plate creation, Crème de la Crème Pomme Frites, with ingredients that include, per Guinness:

Upstate Chipperbeck potatoes, Dom Perignon Champagne, J. LeBlanc French Champagne Ardenne Vinegar, batches of pure cage-free goose fat from France, Guerande Truffle Salt, truffle oil, Crete Senesi Pecorino Tartufello cheese, shaved black summer truffles from Italy, truffle butter, organic A2 A2 100% grass fed cream from Jersey Cows, Gruyere Truffled Swiss Raclette that has been aged for 3 months, and of course, 23k edible gold dust."

Delmonico, and you said you just can't get hand-cut real fries . . .
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2021, 06:27:35 PM »
Didn't say I couldn't get them, know a few places including my own personal kitchen, been a while but might just have to do them again.   

So glad my Co-lester-all allows me to cheat a lot.   Dumped the fryer a while back because it hadn't been used since before the big cluster mess.   Could have used it, had had potatoes fried in it last time and strained, wasn't rancid at all, my fear when I found it buried on the table.   Had the last thing been fish and not potatoes it could have been bad. ::)  Always make fries and strain after making CFS Chicken, fish or similar things.   

Normally use that stove top oven I think you donated at a muster.   Got 2 10's and a 13 14, wife makes rumbling about another 13 1/4, had my eyes open, may have to go new sometime, can get one for wholesale plus cost on shipping.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 12:18:33 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2021, 07:46:22 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 64 and sunny. High of 87.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2021, 12:04:01 PM »

No, that's an insult to bacteria. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2021, 12:13:13 PM »
I'm a bad person again, Lincoln History groups, there is a bunch get mad when you point out it takes money to save and restore old buildings they get upset.  And to point out that for a private person or group to do it they have to be greedy capitalists or tax payers have to pay for it.

Anyone want to buy a 1920's Dept store, 2.5 million, state quit leasing it do to black mold or so the rumor is.   Unknown how much asbestos is in it.   They laughingly suggesting some of them form a group to save it, offering to donate a couple loaves of my famous homemade bread did not go over well, so they are on their own ;D.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2021, 08:18:05 PM »
Evening all.

My thoughts on the pizza thing:

I am neutral regarding pineapple. If it’s there (and the pizza is free) I’ll eat it. If it isn’t there, I don’t lose sleep over it. I don’t go out of my way to get it, either.

Kiwi on pizza might convince me to seek other dining options. Swedish pizza is an abomination, and I refuse to acknowledge it as a food.

Regarding French fries: I recently found a local place that makes theirs from scratch, but considering it requires buying a mediocre burger for $14, I don’t frequent it. I’ll stick to homemade Jojos. On that note…

Dinner tonight is potato and onion soup with French bread.

In other news, I’ve just about been talked into getting another horse. This one is a  ~6mo old paint rescued from up near Great Falls. I spent some time with it today, and was able to get it past its fear of being touched by bribing it with some apples and alfalfa cubes. We’ll see how it turns out. I could use a hunting buddy for elk seasons.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
OK I'll admit, never heard of Swedish pizza ...so I looked it up...

Tomato sauce!
Cheese!
Chicken!
Bacon
Wild Mushrooms!

OK so far... and sounded MMMMMMMMMMM !

THEN I saw

Raisins!
Peanuts!
Banana!
Fruit Cocktail
Curry!

BARF   :o   I think I threw up a little in my mind  !

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »
My personal opinion on pizza topping is No fruit,no fish/seafood. Sausage, Bacon, ham, chicken and beef is good, the only fruit that is acceptable would be sun dried tomatoes.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2021, 10:03:02 PM »
OK I'll admit, never heard of Swedish pizza ...so I looked it up...

Tomato sauce!
Cheese!
Chicken!
Bacon
Wild Mushrooms!

OK so far... and sounded MMMMMMMMMMM !

THEN I saw

Raisins!
Peanuts!
Banana!
Fruit Cocktail
Curry!

BARF   :o   I think I threw up a little in my mind  !

Curry??? Wouldn't that make it Indian pizza? (As in India the country, of course)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2021, 10:43:41 PM »
What it boils down to is anything you can put between two slices of bread, anything you can roll up in a burrito wrap, or anything you can drop onto a spread out pizza dough is fair game.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2021, 11:36:39 PM »
My personal opinion on pizza topping is No fruit,no fish/seafood. Sausage, Bacon, ham, chicken and beef is good, the only fruit that is acceptable would be sun dried tomatoes.

Anchovies are as traditional Sicilian as breaking your knee caps if you don't have the money.   

One just as bad, was about 15 or 16, got this burger place everyone was raving about, got there, the told me to try the Whopper,  :-X  some SOB put mayo, raw tomato and lettuce on my burger, had never seen that before.  Tried it with out that crap and went back to Bronco's.  Cheaper and better.   

The problem with me going out to eat is I expect it to be as good as I make. ;D   The cheese burger the other day in Omaha was the first one I bought anywhere in at least 3 years and nostalgia made me do it.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »
Anchovies may be traditional Sicilian,  but to me its just Salt with bones  ::)  no like...
Tried a pizza with clams once.... was like eating erasers ...pit tooie ... no bait !
 I don't care deep dish either .

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2021, 07:25:54 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 60 and sunny. High of 89.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2021, 11:54:06 AM »
Anchovies may be traditional Sicilian,  but to me its just Salt with bones  ::)  no like...
Tried a pizza with clams once.... was like eating erasers ...pit tooie ... no bait !
 I don't care deep dish either .

A good source of calcium for your own bones. ;D

Got appointment with pulmo Dr today for breathing problems, pretty sure going get told the people west of us need to log it, graze it or watch it burn.    ::)   Got a friend in my cooking group in Bamma is just livid about the BS.  His job?  He went to school to learn to start forest fires.   

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2021, 06:17:54 AM »

I used to find things in the back of my fridge that looked similar to that, although usually "fuzzier" Usually wore gloves to handle it, and double bag it in the trash...

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2021, 07:16:48 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 59 and rain. "Humid. Partly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent."

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2021, 11:51:04 AM »
New inhaler, actually doing good and humidity and smoke are most likely culprits.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2021, 07:03:58 AM »
Morning y'all.

EAA AirVenture this week.

'Tis 62 and hazy. "Very warm and humid. Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent. Heat indices to 95."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2021, 07:45:20 AM »
Oshkosh by gosh !  My late FIL participated in that and Sun 'n' Fun with his Kit Planes.
He designed and built a J3 & Super Cub and sold the plans and components out of his  Opa-locka hanger shop.
Never realizing riches he'd hoped, but still stuck with it moving his base to Aiken SC and also managed a little 8000 gal. private airfield till he passed away in 2010. RIP

on tap today ?  Hmmm TODAY/ tonight ... well to quote a famous mouse ..."The same thing we do every night, Pinky – try to take over the world!”   :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com