Author Topic: Spanish-American Leggins.  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Spanish-American Leggins.
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
I have a pair of Reproduction Spanish-American War legging.  They were made by James & Son Military Clothiers and I bought them while stationed at Fort Dix, NJ in 1975.

I'm Looking for $30 shipped.  They show some wear, but are still quite serviceable. and could easily stand muster.  They do not have a size, but I have a 16 inch calf and they fit me when wearing either wool trousers or cotton.  They are Khaki in color.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spanish-American Leggins.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »
Darn, that's about an inch smaller than my calf. Just how do they fit you? Does the lacing come close together when you wear them, or does it have some gap? I'd like to upgrade from my current leggings, material way too light and poor fit, hooks bent and rusting etc.

Offline Grapeshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
Darn, that's about an inch smaller than my calf. Just how do they fit you? Does the lacing come close together when you wear them, or does it have some gap? I'd like to upgrade from my current leggings, material way too light and poor fit, hooks bent and rusting etc.

They do come close with a little gap when wearing the woolies, these have no hooks, just eyelets.  They too are made of a lightweight material.[/color]
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:40:40 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »
No hooks? never saw any like that. But then, I've never seen origianals, either. All the one's I have seen have eyelets on one side, hooks on the other.

Offline Grapeshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 09:13:56 AM »
For a brief period in time the hooks on leggings were a patened device and the Government did not want to pay the royalties.  In the Osprey Men-at-Arms series, #95 The Boxer Rebellion color plate "A" shows a US Marine with these type of leggings.

Offline Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 05:26:13 PM »
Are the leggings still for sale as I just noticed the thread and if so how would you like them paid for?
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Offline Grapeshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:45 PM »
Money Order.  Either Bank or Postal.

Offline Grapeshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »
Sold Pending Funds to Pay Dirt Norville

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com