Author Topic: 1917a1 Browning dummy rebuild-third times the charm.  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
1917a1 Browning dummy rebuild-third times the charm.
« on: April 14, 2020, 10:28:43 PM »
First, don't laugh too hard, it was a not very correct prop that I cobbled together for our first club Wild Bunch shoot. This was way before sass created ‘their‘ version of WB. My prop 1917 was wired and motorized so that the bolt and bbl would move and it was connected to a boom box that played a loop tape of a machine gun firing when the trigger was pulled. The tripod was very rudimentary on my first try. A few years ago I rebuilt the tripod, the toothed adjustments on the legs are from golf carts. It needs a lot of shaping with a side grinder.  In wandering the web I discovered something called a gas gun, a propane and air powered dummy mg or cannon that ww1/ww2 reenactors and movie armorers use to safely replicate the noise and flame of weapons without the deadly side effects. Usually using a demilled gun. I bought a kit and started my rebuild again. I added 4 inches to my recvr, made it narrower too, rebuilt the trigger and am trying to be more correct on the look, not necessary on the dimensions, but it will look better than before. My water jacket will be smaller on my redo at 5 inches instead of 6”, I think the original was 4.5”. Tried to post this on the WB forum but I can’t get my pix to post. More pix as I get things done.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Re: 1917a1 Browning dummy rebuild-third times the charm.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
Here’s a Marlin Potato Digger that the guy I bought my kit from rebuilt into a gas gun.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
That looks like a really cool project Ed!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:12:55 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 03:20:32 PM »

:D   Time Flies    :D

About a Lustrum ago, a good friend of mine showed up at our clubs "once in a while" Wild Bunch match with a really nifty 1917a1 Replicant.  Semi-Auto only with Disintegrating Link belt feed.  I think it was running 30-30.  Really fun to play with.  Unfortunately, far too often he wound up with BATFE and FBI at his door to inspect his "machine gun" and license.  Surprised were they.  He got tired of the hassle and the rate he went through ammunition and sold it on.  Sure was fun while it lasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com