CAS TOPICS > NCOWS

Hello Everyone...sort of back after a decade or more away

(1/2) > >>

LuckyDeuce:
I was going through my list of websites getting rid of ones I hadn't been to or were out of date and came across CAS City.   I used to come here a lot back a decade or so when I was shooting in SASS.  I was the only NCOWS life member in the club so I got stuck shooting with "THEM"... LOL  I really miss shooting.  Old age finally did a number on me and I started having trouble with my feet and back and it got hard to be able to do the stages.  Now at 70 my lower back went tilt, got pinched nerves in spine and a cyst in spinal column and now really have trouble walking...   Not sure if there are any shooters using a walker these days... LOL
I even have been thinking of getting my wife to start shooting, she is legally blind, but can see enough to hit a target, she has to wear an eyepatch to shoot because her bad eye messes with her focus but she is deadly with my 1860 Navy Arms Henry .44-40.

Anyway just wanted to stop by the fire and see how things are going...

Marshal Halloway:
Welcome back!

River City John:
Lucky Deuce, don't let that age thing deter you. We're all hobbling through life by now it seems, and sharing our pains can be just as important as sharing our pleasures.

Truth be known our home posse have a couple of Pards who receive extra assistance in order to safely shoot through the stages, just to keep them participating and enjoying the game. We've agreed that when the day comes that they don't feel they can shoot safely, they'll hang up their spurs.

Fortunately our club offers many social events (or at least pre-pandemic, and sure to return post-pandemic) to enjoy getting together. Trips to museums, movies or restaurants and the like.

And if you remember, NCOWS offers their annual Convention, Show and Congress meeting to attend.

Welcome back, indeed.

RCJ

Advertising:

Tascosa Joe:
Welcome and what RCJ said.

Dave T:
LuckyDuce,

Part of your post was like reading my mail. I'm 72 with a lower spine one surgeon described as a train wreck. I have to buckle my swashes just to get up and walk across the room. And I ain't worth much when I get over there. (LOL)

I still love the guns of the Old West, particularly black powder cartridge guns. I try to get out and shoot my stuff as often as possible. Too back we don't live in the same area. We'd probably make good shooting buddies.

I just joined NCOWS to support them even though there isn't a posse in Arizona. I for one am happy to see you posting again. I bet in all your years shooting you learned a thing or two that the rest of us could do to hear. So keep posting!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version