Author Topic: Sisters Brothers the movie  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Jack Wagon

• Top Active Citizen
  • the High Sierra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sisters Brothers the movie
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »
Took my son to see a western, had to bribe him with lunch. I won't be a spoiler for those who want to see it , but it's not the kind of western we grew up on. The story line, two 19th century hit men chase their prey through gold rush Oregon and California. A lot of strange twists and turns, but good acting and western scenery. A couple of things stood out as being wrong. The Sisters brothers are chasing their man to Folsom Lake, on the American River which didn't exist for another 100 years. Also I've never seen so many brass framed navy revolvers in one movie, must have been a sale at Cabelas. My other complaint, my senior ticket has tripled since they installed the fancy reclining seats. I don't know why generation X always needs to be laying down. When I got home and returned the passenger seat to it's up right position, I asked my son what he thought. He said he found it interesting and I guess I did too.  Jw
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
Re: Sisters Brothers the movie
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »
I read the book a few years ago.  I don't actually remember much about it (which is kind of a bad sign), but I do recall thinking that it was... strange.  I'm anticipating that the movie will be likewise.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
I remember thinking that I wouldn't classify the book as a Western but something with a Western setting, if that makes sense. It doesn't follow many Western tropes. I'm hoping the movie will be good.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:19:49 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 02:43:05 PM »
Thanks for the heads up and spoiler warning... It WON'T see my money for this very reason

" brass framed navy revolvers in one movie "   big pet peeve of mine having made my living as Designer & Prop maker.

Simply no excuse, except lazy  or ignorant prop master or both....  ::)
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com