GENERAL TOPICS > Saddlebag Tales

Aladdins lamp

(1/4) > >>

Rye Miles:
I put on my cowboy gear and loaded up my car and went to the range to practice shooting' my hoglegs. I set up a couple steel targets and starting shooting my Colt .44-40's, I was doing pretty good when I saw a shiny piece of glass or something sticking out from the ground. I went over to inspect what it was and low and behold I pulled out what looked like  an Aladdin's lamp!!! I looked it over and I figured let me try rubbing it and wish fer something! Well, I have no belief in something so stupid but I rubbed it anyway and suddenly a big dust storm came over me and I shielded my eyes and felt like I was lifted up off the ground some! When the dust settled I was in an old west town just like I had imagined and what I've seen in pictures and movies! You see I wished I could go back in time to 1881 somewhere out west! Well, there I was! Kinda scary! I walked into the Long Branch saloon and looked around at a few hombres sitting a a table and one guy standing at the bar. In the corner was a pretty girl all fancied up in a saloon dress looking' kinda hung over. I bellied up to the bar and ordered a whiskey. The barkeep said, "Quarter mister". I pulled out a quarter from my jeans pocket and set in on the bar. The bartender looked it over and said, "the year on this coin says 2005", what the heck are you trying' to pul over on me boy", I thought, uh oh I'm in trouble……………..to be continued,,,,,,,,

medic15al:
Doing good Please continue!!!    :)

Rye Miles:
I said, "Look I got that from the last town I was in, I sold my horse and saddle and the guy gave me these coins and some bills. I never bothered to look at 'em closely" The bartender bit down on the coin and said, "Okay, but this is really some kind of weird coin. It just may be worth something to a coin collector". Ya got anymore? I took out 3 nickels, 2 pennies and 2 more quarters and asked him what he'd give me for them." Hmm…interesting the bartender said. "I'll give a dollar for all these". "Okay, I said. Figuring I was on a roll I took out some bills, 4 twenty dollar bills and asked if he knew where I could get a horse and saddle for this. He looked at the bills and his eyes lit up! "I know exactly where ya'll can get yourself a horse and rig, follow me". I followed him to the back room which led out to an alley in the back. It was dark, I was a little worried and wondered if my guns were loaded! I couldn't remember if I loaded them before I picked up that confounded lamp! I followed the bartender around the alley and behind a corral. He said, "Wait here, I'll be right back". I checked my guns and thank God they were loaded.……….to be continued………... ::)

Advertising:

Rye Miles:
The bartender returned and said, "C'mon with me, I have the horse and rig all set up for ya". Something was telling me not to trust this guy. I said, "No I'll just wait here while you bring me the nag". He looked at me with a surprised look. "Why you don't trust me" he asked. I said, "Whatever gave you that idea"? Just bring me the horse", I said tapping my revolver in my cross draw holster. He swallowed hard and said, "Wait I'll be right back"! I drew my Colt and cocked it and had it at my side expecting the worst.

Rye Miles:
The bartender returned with the horse and a beautiful saddle. He also had 3 well dressed men beside him who said they had to look at the bills before I could get the horse. They looked down at my cocked pistol hanging down at my side. "What's that for?" one of them asked. " For varmints and troublemakers" I replied. I took the bills, 2 twenty dollar bills from my vest pocket. They inspected them and couldn't believe what they were seeing. Turns out these guys were bankers and collectors of all things pertaining to money. They asked where I got these bills and I told them I got 'em from the last town I was in. They asked where that was and I said I didn't know. I was out of money and I sold my horse to someone and never looked closely at the bills. I took a stage to this town.( of course this was all made up and they were buying the whole story) They said they'd give me $100.00 in gold coins and the horse for the bills. I accepted and mounted the horse and rode the heck outta there as fast as I could. Now where do I go? How do I get back to modern day?? Geez oh man what a fix I was in. I just rode and took in the sights, the beautiful mountains, the cacti, the full bright moon and the sky with thousands of stars. What a sight! I forgot about my predicament for a while and just took in the beauty of it all. I was actually back in the old west! WOW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version