Author Topic: New Western about the Daltons  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
New Western about the Daltons
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »
Below is an article about a new western in the works about the Daltons called Desperadoes....

FX has put in development Desperadoes, a six-hour miniseries about one of the most dangerous gangs of the Old West, the Dalton Brothers. Based on the 1979 novel by Ron Hansen, the project is written by Robert Knott, who is executive producing with Josh Maurer and Alixandre Witlin. Desperadoes, produced by Fox TV Studios, chronicles the infamous Dalton Gang’s dangerous crime spree in the 1890s, as seen through the eyes of the youngest brother Emmett Dalton. The gang, which included three Dalton brothers, specialized in bank and train robberies. In Hansen’s book, Emmet Dalton — aged 65 in 1937 — is the sole survivor of the infamous gang and makes a living by selling his outrageous stories of murder, bootlegging and thievery to Hollywood. Actor-writer-producer Knott, who has signed with APA, has appeared in more than three dozen films and has collaborated with actor-director Ed Harris on several projects including Pollock. The two currently are developing Tulsa, a cable project about the early oil boom. Knott also authored the best-selling novel Robert B. Parker’s Ironhorse. His second novel Bull River is scheduled for a January release. He is also repped by Thruline and Allison Binder.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: New Western about the Daltons
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »
Sounds interesting.  Will have to watch for it.
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
I've read Desparadoes, it's a great story, well written. It captures the strange time-gap between the events portrayed, bank and train robbery by horsemen with six guns, and the modern age. Dalton was a reformed man, complete with bullet holes, looking back to his youth of robbery and crime. Without spoiling, he meets the guys who shot him and his brothers down.....shaking hands and reminiscing like it happened in a school play. Great book.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:38:57 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com