Author Topic: Sammy Davis Jr.  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sammy Davis Jr.
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »
Recently, I watched an episode of The Rifleman with Sammy Davis Jr. guest starring as a "gun for hire".  I had read that he could handle a gun better than most in Hollywood at that time. In this episode he certainly proves that he could twirl and draw as fast as anyone I have seen in old westerns.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Sammy Davis Jr.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »
He and Jerry Lewis were two of the fastest of the Hollywood stars, when it came to handling the Colt Single Action Army.

There's some footage on youtube that will surprise you.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »
And he was a great and caring man who remembered his friends and was wonderful to new acquaintances. 

He inspired me greatly with his openness and concern for the extras on the set of The Sergeants Three.

When the other stars sat in their trailers with the air conditioning running full blast, Sammy was out with the extras in what shade there was, talking to us as though we had been comrades for years..
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:08:53 PM »

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »
He did a great impersonation of Steve McQueen in the Magnificent Seven. Hat slung forward, neck  down and real fast on the draw.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:17 PM »
There is a single action and a fast draw rig belonging to Sammy Davis , Jr . in the NRA museum . The museum has published a coffee table book of their guns including the famed Peterson collection . The Sammy Davis rig is pictured in that book .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com