Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

Walther PPK is 80!

(1/6) > >>

Border Ruffian:
With the centennial of the Model 1911, don't forget the Walther PPK is 80.  Indroduced in 1931, most American shooters didn't see one until WW II and after.  The Sean Connery, James Bond, cool gun is 80 years old.  The best part is tat It fits in the Zoot Shooting time frame.   

PJ Hardtack:
BR

I've got an Erma knock off PPK in .22 LR. Only gun I ever bought 'cause it was 'cute'. Shoots like a hot damn as well.

Best part is the serial # - the first three digits are '005'. I wanted '007' and the dealer said "So did I. Someone else got it."

I've got a small hand and you've got to be careful so as not to get a slice from the slide if you leave any meat too high on the grip.
Guys with beefy hands probably don't like these guns at all.

Border Ruffian:

--- Quote from: PJ Hardtack on October 17, 2011, 07:16:14 PM ---BR

I've got an Erma knock off PPK in .22 LR. Only gun I ever bought 'cause it was 'cute'. Shoots like a hot damn as well.

Best part is the serial # - the first three digits are '005'. I wanted '007' and the dealer said "So did I. Someone else got it."

I've got a small hand and you've got to be careful so as not to get a slice from the slide if you leave any meat too high on the grip.
Guys with beefy hands probably don't like these guns at all.

--- End quote ---

Now 007 would have been a great number to have!!  I have smallish hands and the PPK fits me fine.  If I had larger hands I'd opt for a PPK/S that has the longer 1968  import compliant frame.  I have a 1957 vintage PPK-L with the aluminum frame in 32 ACP.  I beleive (in my own mind) that what "James" would have carried.  8)

Advertising:

PJ Hardtack:
In what I chose to refer to as my own mind, I'm of the opinion that '007' would have carried an all-steel .380.

What did Ian Fleming arm him with?

Old Top:
All steel 32 ppk, to replace the Beretta 25 he was carring.  Changed later to different guns the one I remember was an ASP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version